PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Well after getting nic sick last week I decided to take a few days off the pipe. This Wednesday I played golf (1st this year) and at the turn had some NM400 Virginia which was delicious. Then Thursday morning had some EMP and enjoyed very much.

I decided to get back to my VaPer trials so Friday I tried Viprati again and while good did not seem to be as good as first time so I don’t know if it was food, drink, cadence, etc. I got more pepper this time and a little less sweet. It was on the dry side this time. Thus I am downgrading Viprati to 4*.

This morning (Sat) I decided it’s time to open the big boy. The unopened tin of 2015 Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls and boy it did not disappoint. I took only 2 of the thin little coins and it perfectly filled my Gentlemen Cobb. It’s a 5* for me as it’s my best so far so I might as well give it the top score. In addition with no drying time it lit easy and this bowl lasted longer than any bowl I have smoked to date. So much that going forward I am only going to load a single coin because while I enjoy a bowl I don’t usually want more than 30 minutes. I am hoping Peterson will make it as well as Dunhill.

To close out my VaPer trials I am ranking as follow. There are a few more I will try and update this if anything changes. These are in order for now but all of them are delicious and in my rotation. The order could change depending on my mood and craving focus of sweet, peppery, etc.

1. De Luxe Navy Rolls
2. Anniversary Kake OGS tied
4. Viprati (more Peppery)
5. Stonehenge (raisin/prune)