PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ulliam

Lurker
Jan 2, 2023
Lincoln, CA
Hello, I'm Bill, located in Denver CO, very soon to be Lincoln CA; originally from Connecticut. 56 years old.

I'm fond of clays, cobs, Preben Holm/Danish Ben Wade and Peterson pipes. I mostly enjoy latakia forward blends. As of right now my favorite baccy is probably DAN Midnight Ride. The next on my to try list is Bengal Slices and blends with a similar tangy flavor profile.

Became a piper at, oh, about 17 years old or so. First pipe (which I regretfully no longer have): a Danish Ben Wade. First tobacco: a house blend of my local tobacconist in Anaheim Hills, CA that they called Seville; it was their version of Tinder Box's Wilshire. Which means that it was either Lane 1Q or something very similar. Not that I knew that at the time. I also like good cigars, but right now my penury makes good cigars a luxury.

For various reasons, I went through very long stretches of no pipe smoking, but now I've gotten the bug again.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Hello from Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.
This clay pipe smoking Redcoat welcomes you to the forum; as you've guessed I'm a big fan of clays myself!
I prefer Virginia / Cavendish blends in my clay pipes; I don't like the taste of Latakia and think it sounds like a cheap car made in Syria before the Civil War:)
Some forum members say I should be smoking twist or plug in my clay pipes...

Reactions: Fralphog