PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Welcome from the Pacific NW!
I smoke my bowl based on flavor and performance. It will burn on until either it develops an ashy flavor or it naturally goes out and will not easily relight. At this point sometimes there's still a small bit of mostly uncharred baccy in the very bottom, but most of the time it's just ash.
BTW: You're off to a nice start with some solid brands of pipes. Enjoy the journey...and, by all means, share it! :)

Reactions: Prancingponypatron
Jul 3, 2024
Knoxville, TN
Welcome from the Pacific NW!
I smoke my bowl based on flavor and performance. It will burn on until either it develops an ashy flavor or it naturally goes out and will not easily relight. At this point sometimes there's still a small bit of mostly uncharred baccy in the very bottom, but most of the time it's just ash.
BTW: You're off to a nice start with some solid brands of pipes. Enjoy the journey...and, by all means, share it! :)
Thanks! It’s been kid of difficult for me to start with, because after COVID my smell and taste never done back the same. So, I know I’m not tasting what I should. But I’m trying to find things that I think taste good!

Right now I’m really enjoying Peterson Night Cap and Peterson Sherlock Holmes. Also G.L. Pease Quiet Nights. I have a couple of local aromatics too, but I don’t prefer them for some reason.

Reactions: dottlejockey
Jul 3, 2024
Knoxville, TN
You really need to concentrate on learning how to smoke a pipe. Either get a mentor or go to a few good places on the internet to learn,
Good advice. I do planning meeting up with a buddy of mine I haven’t seen in a long time who smokes pipes often.

I have gotten better so far but have a lot of questions. It’d definitely be nice to ask them when they come up in real time while smoking.

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Welcome from Maryland!
Where do you go from here? Pick your rabbit hole. Pipes by maker, shape, finish, location, material. Tobaccos by, well, everything possible. And then pipe making and tobacco blending. Don't worry, soon we'll have your PAD completely buried by having you find the perfect English blend.

Reactions: Prancingponypatron