PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Flushdraw

Lurker
Jan 3, 2024
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm in the Texas City area just north of Galveston. If there's anybody nearby who'd like to get together for a smoke, let me know. I noticed there's a Houston pipe club, but I can't travel
too far away from home. I'm a single dad raising 3 kids and stay pretty busy.

I inherited 33 pipes from my uncle upon his death. I sold most, but have about a dozen nice pipes to smoke.
This definitely pushed me to explore pipe smoking.

Is there anyplace on these forums to do trades or sell stuff?

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello, I've smoked occasionally for about 30 years, but recently started taking Pipe smoking "seriously". I smoke about a bowl a day on most days. I'm in love with pipe smoking like I've never been. In the past, I've smoked aromatics. Now, I've discovered Virginias and quality English blends. It's a whole new world and I love trying new blends.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I'm in the Texas City area just north of Galveston.

Is there anyplace on these forums to do trades or sell stuff?
Right on. I used to live right next door in Dickinson/ San Leon. Used to do a lot of fishing on the dike. Boy do I miss the food down there.

I know the guy that owns The Bunker cigar lounge on Hwy 6 near Hitchcock... Don't know if he does pipe tobacco though. Worth a stop... Him and his dad are good folks.

As for buying, selling & trading... there are plenty of spots in this forum for that sort of stuff. See the forum membership guidelines for rules, procedures, etc. You can also PM folks directly.

Take care of those kiddos.

Flushdraw

Lurker
Jan 3, 2024
Right on. I used to live right next door in Dickinson/ San Leon. Used to do a lot of fishing on the dike. Boy do I miss the food down there.

I know the guy that owns The Bunker cigar lounge on Hwy 6 near Hitchcock... Don't know if he does pipe tobacco though. Worth a stop... Him and his dad are good folks.

As for buying, selling & trading... there are plenty of spots in this forum for that sort of stuff. See the forum membership guidelines for rules, procedures, etc. You can also PM folks directly.

Take care of those kiddos.
I do a lot of fishing down here, too but mostly freshwater bass fishing.

I think I've been to the Bunker Cigar Lounge once. I met the wife and she seemed like a nice lady. It's a cool place, but I pretty sure it's just for cigars. There's a nice cigar lounge on Hwy 3 called Smoke Ring. They do sell pipes and have some bulk pipe tobacco for sale, the majority of which are aromatics.

I'll check out the trading forums. I'd love to trade for some new tobaccos to try. Thanks.

Reactions: Streeper541

BookGuy74

Lurker
Jan 4, 2024
Hello, I've smoked occasionally for about 30 years, but recently started taking Pipe smoking "seriously". I smoke about a bowl a day on most days. I'm in love with pipe smoking like I've never been. In the past, I've smoked aromatics. Now, I've discovered Virginias and quality English blends. It's a whole new world and I love trying new blend
I spent a lot of time in South London as a kid. My grandparents lived in Morden!