PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwgibson85

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Hello all,

So I bought and smoked my first pipe on January 5th of this year, but here I stand not even two months later with a newbie's collection.
see pics via this link. http://imgur.com/a/fhmr8 Imgur.com is a photo dump online no virus risk I promise. Sorry I still have yet to figure out how to post them on here. I have a brief description of each under the pic. Enjoy my collection.
Any way the Jobey was my first pipe and is the only pipe I have ever smoked. I finished cleaning the Dr. Grabow bentbulldog today, and it will be dry by Thursday morning. I will smoke some 1Q and the rest will be added into the rotation as they are cleaned.
Thanks for the great community! I have learned a ton from browsing the posts here, and would not have the PAD that I do if it were not for you all.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Nice looking pipes.
If you are trying to resist PAD, remember that if you care for them, you now have all the pipes you will ever need.
If you enjoy collecting pipes, you are off to a good start.
Enjoy, and keep us posted as they are cleaned. :puffy:

nwgibson85

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Will do, I picked up the shapes that I felt I "needed" and am pretty set with what I have. Also I have some Cheapos that I care nothing for and will practice my cleaning / restoring on those.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Welcome !
Resisting PAD is futile. One may have short victories, but in the long run, the monster always wins...
I was able to resist the 10% IPSD discount at smokingpipes.com since I'm on (an agreed to) moratorium till March 1... but you wait for the order on that day. I have them lined up ;-)

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I'm in love with that Black rusticated freehand Grabow you got. She's a beauty. :D
Welcome to the forums!
@Mick
I told my wife next Valentine's day she can wait to get me something so that she can take advantage of next year's IPSD sales! haha.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Neat collection. I really like that Dr. Grabow Pickaxe.

Edit: Sorry Al can't fix this one. L

monstermash51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 13, 2012
Ugggggghhhh that bulldog! I want one so bad. Every time I see you guys that have one, my eyes just drip with envy.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
Oh, young squire, PAD is not something you can blame on others! You just found out about PAD really early on. It took me almost a year of wondering what the hell was wrong with me before I started finding sites like this and realized that whatever the hell was wrong with me was wrong with a lot of other crazy people out there as well.

Welcome to the club. You're off to a good start :clap:

nwgibson85

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Deyro,

I disagree, but only slightly. If I was not a member of a community of pipe smokers and pipe smokers who post thousands of pics of their beautiful pipes all the time, then I would not have been exposed to the beauty and limitless variety. I would have purchased more with or without this forum, but because of this forum there were many shapes that I felt were necessary for my collection.

deyro

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2011
I disagree, but only slightly. If I was not a member of a community of pipe smokers and pipe smokers who post thousands of pics of their beautiful pipes all the time, then I would not have been exposed to the beauty and limitless variety. I would have purchased more with or without this forum, but because of this forum there were many shapes that I felt were necessary for my collection
You make a valid point. However, in my case, PAD took hold without any other pipe smokers or pipe photos to blame, just a fascination with the myriad ways in which meerschaum could be carved into fascinating pipes. It grew from there, leading me to believe that PAD is, in fact, built into human DNA and only needs the right conditions to manifest. :puffpipe: Elementary!
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.