PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. I like my BC pipes. Like most French pipes, they are well designed and crafted. The French were the original popularizers of the briar pipe. I had a Finnish friend in high school. He and another friend and I drove from Chicago to Florida in an American Motors Rambler station wagon. He named some of his Finnish relatives, and though I can't spell them in Finnish, one of them, in rough phonetic English was something like Epitoolikee Moylinin. Obviously, I've remembered it ever since.

Abessa

Lurker
Sep 15, 2020
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. I like my BC pipes. Like most French pipes, they are well designed and crafted. The French were the original popularizers of the briar pipe. I had a Finnish friend in high school. He and another friend and I drove from Chicago to Florida in an American Motors Rambler station wagon. He named some of his Finnish relatives, and though I can't spell them in Finnish, one of them, in rough phonetic English was something like Epitoolikee Moylinin. Obviously, I've remembered it ever since.
And Finnish language hits again? Didn't get it but always fun to hear it from non Finnish?

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
And Finnish language hits again? Didn't get it but always fun to hear it from non Finnish?
I was arguing with a Finnish friend about whose native language was stupider. She almost had me with a relatively common word that had two double "a"s back to back, but then I hit her with "to, two, too, threw, through".

Earned me the last shot of aquavit from the bottle!

Reactions: Abessa

Abessa

Lurker
Sep 15, 2020
I was arguing with a Finnish friend about whose native language was stupider. She almost had me with a relatively common word that had two double "a"s back to back, but then I hit her with "to, two, too, threw, through".

Earned me the last shot of aquavit from the bottle!
???

Status
Not open for further replies.