PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHud71

Lurker
Dec 22, 2020
DFW, TX
Greetings all. Very recently moved from the occasional cigar to the pipe. My Dad smoked a pipe and I've always been charmed with it. I'm nearing 50yo and decided there's no time like the present to explore the hobby.

I'm about a week in and thus far I'm finding my way in the dark with a MM cob. .....However. I expect I might find a Peterson Kerry under the tree in a few days, compliments of my better half, if I've played my cards right.

My first question for you gents is what is your preferred online tobacco shop? Price, breadth of assortment, quality of service, etc. Where do you shop?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All the sponsor online retailers on the left of Forums are experienced and well regarded. For shear size of inventory, customer service, and individual photos of all the pipes, smokingpipes.com seems to get regular praise. I have been a customer for years and recommend them. Referencing your pipes, I enjoy my dozen or so Petes, and a similar number of Missouri Meerschaum cobs. I like the Petes with fishtail stems, and the MM cobs special editions with the acrylic stems. Welcome aboard.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Greetings all. Very recently moved from the occasional cigar to the pipe. My Dad smoked a pipe and I've always been charmed with it. I'm nearing 50yo and decided there's no time like the present to explore the hobby.

I'm about a week in and thus far I'm finding my way in the dark with a MM cob. .....However. I expect I might find a Peterson Kerry under the tree in a few days, compliments of my better half, if I've played my cards right.

My first question for you gents is what is your preferred online tobacco shop? Price, breadth of assortment, quality of service, etc. Where do you shop?
Smoking Pipes...the best for customer service and a huge selection of pipes and tobacco (not much on cigars yet though). They are my go to (until they export their customer service overseas that is).

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA

You'll quickly find and learn that depending on what you want/need you'll use several sources - You'll also be inundated with bad experiences with P&C ;) :ROFLMAO: Welcome to the club.

JHud71

Lurker
Dec 22, 2020
DFW, TX
All the sponsor online retailers on the left of Forums are experienced and well regarded. For shear size of inventory, customer service, and individual photos of all the pipes, smokingpipes.com seems to get regular praise. I have been a customer for years and recommend them. Referencing your pipes, I enjoy my dozen or so Petes, and a similar number of Missouri Meerschaum cobs. I like the Petes with fishtail stems, and the MM cobs special editions with the acrylic stems. Welcome aboard.
Thanks very much for the feedback!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
my main places I get tobacco are MarsCigars and Smoking Pipes. Mars is my semi local being a few towns over and I get stuff from them in 2 days average. Both I've ordered enough from to have an order or so go sideways in some way and both places have been great about fixing the issues (which will happen to any store, but it's how they fix it that makes a difference).

Status
Not open for further replies.