PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
How do you delete a post? I posted twice. Anyways, thank you for such warm welcome.
You have ten minutes to edit or delete a post. Otherwise, send me a PM and I will delete, as I have already done with that duplicate.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Edwoooo

Lurker
Jun 17, 2022
Valley Springs, California
You have ten minutes to edit or delete a post. Otherwise, send me a PM and I will delete, as I have already done with that duplicate.

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
thanks for advice. Thank you for your help. I just updated it.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Edwoooo

Lurker
Jun 17, 2022
Good work. You live in an interesting place! Could be another way for me to get to Tahoe!
I'm still learning how to farm the acreage. Heavy clay soil, gophers under, deer and wild turkeys above, seems to be a farmers nightmare. Not to mention Drought. I've solved all the issues except gopher problem. Nothing has worked. But it is an interesting route to Tahoe. Many small mining towns on the way to visit.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Edwoooo

Lurker
Jun 17, 2022
since we're here, I'll tell you a story. I'm Iranian, and I left the country in 1992, around the age of 14. It wasn't the tough place most of middle east is. Of course it is more restrictive than the west. But for the most part, they didn't mistreat Christians. They considered us an ancient minority, and even showed respect. anyways, one thing they did not allow in public was pipe smoking. they said it was a western practice, smoke hookah instead. But people still smoked at home, and nobody minded. I had a grandpa that lived with us. He always smoked this Savinelli pipe. It smelled so good I used to sit at his feet as he smoked. I was 5, or 6. He stopped smoking it because my mom nagged him, and so he gave it to my dad. My dad ignored the nagging and smoked it inside for a few years. then, We moved to Northen part of the country to a beautiful ancestral village and I never saw that pipe again. He stopped smoking the pipe. We lived in a Christian village on our own apple orchard which was next to a tobacco farm. People were all somehow related, and the village is a 2000 year old Christian village. people there smoked a lot. some smoked pipes, some hookah, some cigarettes. our neighbor tobacco farmer always dried the tobacco and gave my dad and my grandpa a bundle each year. They smoked it as cigarettes.
Anyways, we left the country sometime after Iran/Iraq war (we had a cousin who was a pow in this war, as soon as he was returned back to us late in 1992, we left), and arrived in the U.S.
I lost my grandpa, and dad few years ago. One day, my mom told me to go into grandpa's old bedroom and take what I wanted in that room, she is trying to clear out my granddad's old stuff. sitting in one of the drawers was the Savinelli. That same pipe I remember from childhood. still with a wooden filter in it. the thing is, last time this pipe was used was in 1983. well, my sentimental nature made me start smoking. those were great men.

Reactions: Nevaditude
May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
is pipe smoking popular in S. Korea? I love your culture. I went to school in Korea town in Los Angeles. my Korean friends introduced me to their culture, food, love songs,...etc. they kept their girls away though.
Hi Edwoooo,
unfortunately, pipe smoking is not popular in Korea. I only know of four other pipe smokers here, and I introduced them to pipe smoking. puffy
Coffee is a big thing here. I'm trying to encourage coffee and pipe smoking at my wife's coffee shop. No dice! ?
Although to be fair, I can smoke on the deck outside. puffy