PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
No worries lol. Just that every other support worker I have spoken to who has done day service care, says that once a week or so the centre goes bowling. Seems to be a universal thing...but hey, I guess Alaska can be an exception to the rule
Ah, nice. I worked mostly with outpatient adults. Most of my role was in providing case management and psychotherapy, so I rarely got to go on any field trips :(

People experiencing intellectual disabilities actually made up a small portion of my caseload (it was mostly adults with co-occuring disorders) however I had many interactions with them during multi-team events and in assisting with inter-team cases, as well as fundraising and charitable events.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
The world could use more people like Forrest. One thing I learned in my time in the mental health field is that there are few people out there with kinder or gentler hearts than those of the intellectually disabled. We could all learn a lot from that population about how we should treat other people.
OK, didn't mean to insult Mr Gump with the morons down in NZ. NZ has gone over the edge. Used to want to go there. Now, not so much.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
OK, didn't mean to insult Mr Gump with the morons down in NZ. NZ has gone over the edge. Used to want to go there. Now, not so much.
I know that wasn't your intent, in fact, I am in a way agreeing with you, that people like Mr. Gump often add more value to the world than our elected officials, where it really matters.

Additionally, politics shouldn't stop you from wanting to go to NZ. It is one of the most beautiful places in the world with some of the nicest and most polite people I have ever met. It's the Alaska of the southern hemisphere! But with nicer people. Some of the fringe-dwelling doomsday characters up here can get a little testy, hahaha.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
While I find this a stupid and odious law, facts don't support the other portions of your statement. NZ did much better than the US in combating Covid and reopening their economy. The Temperance Movement that begat Prohibition was a product of religious Conservatives.

Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.
Jigga what? I really wish the idiots in our country could pull their collective heads from the sand, ass, wherever and realize this.

Reactions: sablebrush52

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I know that wasn't your intent, in fact, I am in a way agreeing with you, that people like Mr. Gump often add more value to the world than our elected officials, where it really matters.

Additionally, politics shouldn't stop you from wanting to go to NZ. It is one of the most beautiful places in the world with some of the nicest and most polite people I have ever met. It's the Alaska of the southern hemisphere! But with nicer people. Some of the fringe-dwelling doomsday characters up here can get a little testy, hahaha.
True. I used to volunteer in HS working at a Camp with kids with challenges. Worked with the 16-18 year old males. They were a handful. lol Used to be that the French were the World leaders in pussification. NZ seems to be making a charge to take over the lead. :)

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
True. I used to volunteer in HS working at a Camp with kids with challenges. Worked with the 16-18 year old males. They were a handful. lol Used to be that the French were the World leaders in pussification. NZ seems to be making a charge to take over the lead. :)
Debatable, we all know @Richmond B. Funkenhouser loves his cats

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
16-18 year old males are a pain in the ass regardless of developmental status. Part of the reason I worked exclusively with adults, hahahaha.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I don't think bowling ever made it that far north.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
How would you decrease the amount of nicotine in tobacco products?

Wouldn't that increase the frequency of smoking? They should increase the nicotine, then all I would need is one puff.
These changes accompany the (currently) unrestricted marketing of vape products.

I agree though. Make Gawith ropes tax free and let smokers decide for themselves if they want to partake or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.