PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lees65GTO

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2022
Texas
Great video, thanks.
He mentions using Perique in cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco but he left out it has also been used to make a liquor. Thought I’m not sure I would drink the liquor.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Great video, thanks.
He mentions using Perique in cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco but he left out it has also been used to make a liquor. Thought I’m not sure I would drink the liquor.
Funny you should mention that.
Back when the perique cigars were first coming on the market, Mark Ryan, then owner of Daughter & Ryan and the L.A. Poché Perique facilities in St. James Parish, invited me up there to introduce me to the cigars. While we were sitting there smoking the cigars, he pulled out a bottle of Perique Liqueur.

It's an Absinthe based liqueur made with Louisiana Perique. It's been so long that I don't remember much about it's taste other than it was very smooth and paired well with the cigars we were smoking.

Unfortunately, it is always a very limited bottling and I've never seen it for sale in the U.S.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Thought some of you might be interested in this.

Thank you. That was very interesting.
Great video, thanks.
The perique I've sniffed--Sutliff and C&D blending perique--smell like aged, unwashed, gym socks to me. I'm very sure I don't want to drink anything with it in it.

leonidas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2013
Why don't they wear gloves when they manipulate the tobacco leaves?