PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I keep looking at this pipe and wanting to call it a "Dubabash". Maybe it's how well-executed the curve of the stem is, but it feels like a cousin to a Calabash, as well as a Dublin.
I had the exact same thought when I was looking at it! I think it is the pronounced curve in the shank, like you said, as well as the over-accentuated conical taper of the bowl. Gives it a very fluid, organic character.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Arrived today. Hoping to break it in tommorrow.

Great grain, very attractive. I had saw that late last week; another Nachwalter had a shape I typically go for but this pipe was outstanding in condition in grain. When I went back to buy it was gone.....so I bought the other (apple)!

Whats cool about this site if you buy a certain subset of pipes, see one and miss....not infrequently someone here bought it:). Small world o' piping.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Great grain, very attractive. I had saw that late last week; another Nachwalter had a shape I typically go for but this pipe was outstanding in condition in grain. When I went back to buy it was gone.....so I bought the other (apple)!

Whats cool about this site if you buy a certain subset of pipes, see one and miss....not infrequently someone here bought it:). Small world o' piping.
Indeed! There are a number of pipes kicking around this site that I had my eyes on before getting hawkswooped by another member! Hahaha, always good to know they are going somewhere they will be truly appreciated though.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.