PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’ve always been paranoid with expensive pipes, running water or vodka through them.

I just make sure to wipe the chambers out after every smoke and run cleaners through the shank.

Blends that might ghost, I’ll only smoke a bowl or two in the same pipe, then smoke something else until the ghost is out.

Reactions: Michigan_Bill

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I am pretty new to pipes and have run into an issue

I smoke aromatics primarily, but i figured i would give a different tobacco a try. picked up captain earles private stock and really was not a fan, now all of my tobacco tastes like it or has a similar taste to it.

I have tried cleaning my pipe and smoking a few extra times to hopefully get that flavor i enjoyed from my favorite tobacco. but to no avail :(

Really not wanting to have to get a new new pipe since i just picked this one up a few weeks ago
You could always smoke a few bowls of five brothers, that might clear up the last remaining ghost after you've cleaned it. Not joking. I ghosted a little H.I.S. I got from a head shop with both cigar scraps AND Latakia, and after water cleaning and alcohol and salt cleaning it still tasted of the lat. Smoked about 5 or 6 bowls of five brothers (in a row of course ;) ) and the ghost was exercised.