PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffhead

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
British Columbia
Welcome Josh. I'm also a new-ish member, and i live just across the water from you on Vancouver Island. You'll learn lots of good stuff here. Enjoy the ride.
Good to meet you! I guess there will be smoke on the water between us. Maybe we can smoke a bowl in person... One day.

Puffhead

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
British Columbia
Welcome, from Southern California. I'm well acquainted with the rabbit hole you speak of. So is my wife, much to her chagrin...:LOL:
One day, sooner than later, I'm sure my wife will figure.oit just how much a carved piece of tree root costs.. until then she is only mad about the smoking part!! I'll circle back for some advice when we get to the next step ?

Puffhead

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
British Columbia
Welcome from Surrey BC! There is a Vancouver pipe club, we are doing some virtual meetings lately if you want to join.

I do a lot of blending and processing with whole leaf tobacco ordered from the states as the taxes are(way) less than processed leaf in a tin or pouch.

I Also grow tobacco and have seeds and soon seedlings if you are interested.

Anyway, welcome! This is a great forum to be a part of and the local vancouver pipe club is small but welcoming.
Hi,

Lots to dig into here. Thanks for the welcome! I am interested in all of it! Saw some seeds on CL a while back and wondered about planting them. Lots of questions!

Look forward to connecting. Helps a ton that you're just down the road. I'm actually in Langley.

Chat soon about seedlings and your own blends. Love to try them!!

Josh

Puffhead

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
British Columbia
Thanks!
I'm looking forward to both packages arriving. Also looking forward to heading back to SF. Probably our favorite town on that side of the border. Have a bad habit of driving down for the weekend when there's a favorite band playing!!
Welcome from the SF Bay Area. I have found that I prefer straight, or barely bent, pipes myself, with the exception of my Peterson Systems.

Hope you enjoy the new blends you're receiving and share your thoughts on them if you feel up to it.

• Love
Reactions: danimalia

Puffhead

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
British Columbia
Great part of the country, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope to get up your way sometime and enjoy the beautiful wilderness in BC.
It is beautiful here. Just a couple weeks ago we took our daughter for a ski lesson on a local mountain (not ahill either), headed downtown and grabbed a coffee then parked and played on the beach. Pretty cool to be able to do in one day. Let me know if you ever get up here!

Reactions: FurCoat

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Hi,

Lots to dig into here. Thanks for the welcome! I am interested in all of it! Saw some seeds on CL a while back and wondered about planting them. Lots of questions!

Look forward to connecting. Helps a ton that you're just down the road. I'm actually in Langley.

Chat soon about seedlings and your own blends. Love to try them!!

Josh
Ya that's me on craigslist with the seeds. Langley is close, I'm in Cloverdale.

Reactions: Puffhead

pinchoftobacco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2018
Welcome from New York. Stock around and you’ll learn a lot. This hobby is all about learning and experimenting. Enjoy

Reactions: Puffhead

Puffhead

Lurker
Mar 27, 2021
British Columbia
Welcome from New York. Stock around and you’ll learn a lot. This hobby is all about learning and experimenting. Enjoy
Thanks. I, like many forum members, tend to dive deep when I like something. Pipe smoking has been no different. Look forward to learning from everyone's experience and my own!

Status
Not open for further replies.