PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Prehistoric? Looks like a collector shape. I have the exact same pipe in Collector Virgin. I love mine. That one looks like it'll clean up nicly.
This is the details on it

Condition: VG + - some rim darkening. Stem is pristine. Rare to see a pipe from back then that come together so well. A Panel bowl, a partially curved shank and stem, sitter and smooth and carved on the bowl.

Stampings: GBD COLLECTOR (script) LONDON ENGLAND MINARET, 1687

Note: This pipe is from the great days GBD, 1950-1970's.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
This is the details on it

Condition: VG + - some rim darkening. Stem is pristine. Rare to see a pipe from back then that come together so well. A Panel bowl, a partially curved shank and stem, sitter and smooth and carved on the bowl.

Stampings: GBD COLLECTOR (script) LONDON ENGLAND MINARET, 1687

Note: This pipe is from the great days GBD, 1950-1970's.
Yep, its a Collector. Minaret is the finish, partially carved/blasted. I treat every estate pipe the same regardless of how clean it may appear. I'd clean out the stem/shank with alcohol and pipe cleaners, ream if needed. Do a salt & alcohol treatment, polish the stem and pipe. It looks like the stem has some slight oxidation, normal for a GBD of that age. Luckily the vulcanite that GBD used in that era cleans up and polishes very easily. Sellers description is pretty accurate on the age. I'll post some pictures of mine later this evening.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Yep, its a Collector. Minaret is the finish, partially carved/blasted. I treat every estate pipe the same regardless of how clean it may appear. I'd clean out the stem/shank with alcohol and pipe cleaners, ream if needed. Do a salt & alcohol treatment, polish the stem and pipe. It looks like the stem has some slight oxidation, normal for a GBD of that age. Luckily the vulcanite that GBD used in that era cleans up and polishes very easily. Sellers description is pretty accurate on the age. I'll post some pictures of mine later this evening.
Thanks for the info! I had to smoke it immediately, smokes great, I can tell It’s going to become one of my gotos, especially while working, decent bowl size and thickness smokes cool, and a sitter

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Thanks for the info! I had to smoke it immediately, smokes great, I can tell It’s going to become one of my gotos, especially while working, decent bowl size and thickness smokes cool, and a sitter
Look forward to the pictures, learning more about these older British pipes is one of my interests.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG