PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
All look quite nice. What's you plan to clean them up? DIY or send them out for restoration?
I consider myself a beginner with the DIY. But I’m learning that patience is a skill with this process. So I’m honing that skill. lol.

The top Dunhill will be an reem and clean after a quick and “sandpaper” restoration on the stem. I can never get the stem to shank transition just right, so there is always a little bit of oxidation at that part.

The acrylic stem one I might send out because the stem is loose. I don’t know how to tighten them up without some type of issue. (Cracked many a shank, or warped several tenons)

The other 2 I’ll clean up when time allows in the next few months. Again, telling myself it’s okay to do a little bit at a time.

Fletcher has been excellent at the process, so might be sending his way as well.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I consider myself a beginner with the DIY. But I’m learning that patience is a skill with this process. So I’m honing that skill. lol.

The top Dunhill will be an reem and clean after a quick and “sandpaper” restoration on the stem. I can never get the stem to shank transition just right, so there is always a little bit of oxidation at that part.

The acrylic stem one I might send out because the stem is loose. I don’t know how to tighten them up without some type of issue. (Cracked many a shank, or warped several tenons)

The other 2 I’ll clean up when time allows in the next few months. Again, telling myself it’s okay to do a little bit at a time.

Fletcher has been excellent at the process, so might be sending his way as well.
Nice! Looking forward to how they turn out.

Also, I don't know who this Fletcher guy is but judging from his name he should stick to repairing arrows and not pipes ;) 😆

• Haha
Reactions: bayareabriar

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Nice! Looking forward to how they turn out.

Also, I don't know who this Fletcher guy is but judging from his name he should stick to repairing arrows and not pipes ;) 😆
Good enough to smoke. Needs a run through the buffing wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0886.jpeg
    IMG_0886.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0887.jpeg
    IMG_0887.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0888.jpeg
    IMG_0888.jpeg