PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Here’s a new addition to my collection, a Tekin meer.

5.75” L
1.50” H
1.25” deep
.75” bore
45 g

DA3258D3-B8B5-4D7B-8DFF-8FD66DF53DC7.jpeg

Have a tin of Maltese Falcon on tap for the maiden voyage. Wrapped the bit with 3 layers of non adhesive vinyl tape for tooth protection.

Jayywise

Lurker
Jun 17, 2020
Hey I just recently purchased one from his site. Mind if I ask a few questions? What’s the wait time for it to arrive to the states from Turkey? I also wanted to know if you are buying the one in the picture on his site or if that’s just a display sense there all handmade? I really love the dementions on this one so I hope that I purchased it :). Happy smoking!1592412278851.jpeg

Jun 23, 2019
Hey I just recently purchased one from his site. Mind if I ask a few questions? What’s the wait time for it to arrive to the states from Turkey? I also wanted to know if you are buying the one in the picture on his site or if that’s just a display sense there all handmade? I really love the dementions on this one so I hope that I purchased it :). Happy smoking!View attachment 33542

You're better off asking these questions in a new thread. People are prob gonna miss your message and just comment on OP's pipe.

But to answer part of your question: I got a couple of Meers from Turkey to the US - East coast in about 2/3 days. Don't know if CoVID will dramatically affect these times or not.

Jayywise

Lurker
Jun 17, 2020
You're better off asking these questions in a new thread. People are prob gonna miss your message and just comment on OP's pipe.

But to answer part of your question: I got a couple of Meers from Turkey to the US - East coast in about 2/3 days. Don't know if CoVID will dramatically affect these times or not.

Wow that’s incredible I’m East coast as well, hope too see it soon then thanks.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
What’s the wait time for it to arrive to the states from Turkey? I also wanted to know if you are buying the one in the picture on his site or if that’s just a display sense there all handmade? I really love the dementions on this one so I hope that I purchased it :). Happy smoking!

Had mine in 2 weeks. I assumed the pictured pipe i purchased was the actual unit given the speed in delivery. Either way, i’m pleased.

jonasclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Jaywise, please post a thread when you get it! For the time being, I'll say that this specific style of floral carving with latticed designs was created by Sevket Gezer, and the current master is Tekin, which yours surely is; it's loosely based on designs by one of the first three Turkish carvers to sign their pipes, the late (and very great) Eyup Sabri. It's sometimes been termed "latticino" style. I adore it, and I'm absolutely crazy about yours! I hope you enjoy it. And yes, you'll likely get the exact pipe pictured.

Bent1, yours is the polar opposite of the Tekin, and I adore it, too! That should color beautifully. I really love these wide, saucer-like rhodesians with the sharp edge.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Congrats. I bought a similar one recently and have been enjoying it.

It's currently got 30-some smokes on it and I am chronicling the color process on THIS THREAD. I intend to post the next update at 50 smokes.

1595702978522.jpeg

Reactions: dcon
Status
Not open for further replies.