PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
I had a mishap with my Boswell Volcano Sitter back in Nov 22. It Landed square on the “button” and snapped the stem at the tenon. I had picked up two Antique store finds that both needed to be cleaned up. Both had very worn brittle vulcanite steams.
After the mishap with the Volcano, I decided to send them all to JM Boswell for a new stem- the incremental postal for two more pipes seemed wise.
Well, they arrived today!
The other two pipes are:
1. Hilson Giant, Canadian, stamped,”Made in Belgian 11”

2. House of Robertson, Bent Bandy with nice hand carving on the bowl. Inscribed “Walt” on the shank.
This is my third House of Robertson pipe I’ve been blessed to find in Boise Antique stores! Thayne Robertson owned a B&M tobacco shop in Boise for over 30 years. Although not prolific, He made many pipes over the years- Most of them custom ordered pipes. He also was well known for full size Indian Wood Carvings. Here are some pictures of the three pipes and Thayne outside his store here in Boise, Idaho.
63DDFE68-3B8F-43F8-8ADC-D0D694A28981.jpeg
8B91F10A-D1F6-4DEF-ABF2-3F090F4AA552.jpeg1672950009284.jpegHere’s a link to Reborn Pipes that did a great write-up on House of Robertson.