PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Flask28

Lurker
Jan 24, 2024
Oregon, USA
Good Evening from rainy Oregon,

I've chewed Copenhagen since my teen years and started to worry that my teeth were going to fall out. I quit successfully, but joylessly :) and decided I wanted to explore pipe smoking. About 18 months ago I purchased a two cobs and started trying a bunch of different aromatics and codger blends to dip my toes in.

I decided I'm enjoying my new hobby and figured it was time to do some research and start understanding more about all the different aspects of pipe smoking (so many!). Plus get some guidance on my journey from aromatics to English to eventually, probably, VApers and straight Virginas. And some briar pipes at some point.

These forums have been invaluable so far, I appreciate all of you that post so much of yourselves and your knowledge. I'm happy to be moving from stalker status :)

EnchantedEcho

Lurker
Jan 18, 2024
Congratulations for stopping the use of Copenhagen. It is difficult to quit, but it is beneficial for your teeth's health. Smoking a pipe seems like an elegant choice. It's wise to begin with corn cobs because they are cheap and provide a fine smoking experience.

To explore more about pipes, forums are a real treasure. There is plenty of advice, opinions and suggestions from experienced smokers. When you feel prepared to try various mixtures, I suggest experimenting with English blends - they offer a distinct experience compared to aromatic ones. Also, Virginia Periques (VApers) are very popular among many enthusiasts.

Appreciate the trip, my friend. It is all concerning the discovery of what you adore and relishing the times. Cheers to your pipe adventures! 🍂🔥

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Good Evening from rainy Oregon,

I've chewed Copenhagen since my teen years and started to worry that my teeth were going to fall out. I quit successfully, but joylessly :) and decided I wanted to explore pipe smoking. About 18 months ago I purchased a two cobs and started trying a bunch of different aromatics and codger blends to dip my toes in.

I decided I'm enjoying my new hobby and figured it was time to do some research and start understanding more about all the different aspects of pipe smoking (so many!). Plus get some guidance on my journey from aromatics to English to eventually, probably, VApers and straight Virginas. And some briar pipes at some point.

These forums have been invaluable so far, I appreciate all of you that post so much of yourselves and your knowledge. I'm happy to be moving from stalker status :)
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

• Love
Reactions: Flask28