Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Eddie, thanks for participating! It took me a while to get here as I am making my switch to a new computer today.
Here's a little more info that I emailed to the moderators a little bit ago.
The wholesale division of smokingpipes.com is running ads to support their retailers that buy C&D, Savinelli, etc. So, there is not a direct relationship between Pipe Nook (and some of the other retailer ads you may see) and PipesMagazine, but the ad is legit through Laudisi, which is the corporate of Smoking Pipes.
Additionally, we recently set up a new system just for SP / Laudisi whereby they host their own ads, and can change them at will. So, they might run one retailer for a week, and then change to another. I don’t even know what the ads will be until I see them, so it doesn’t make sense for me to try to keep up with putting them on the sidebar list, and taking them off. That list is not connected to the ad system, and is updated manually.
For the techies out there, if you want to figure out if the ad is hosted by Laudisi, just view source and look for commenting code on the banner.

eddiegray

Lurker
Sep 21, 2017
Hi, Kevin! Sorry, I didn't know the lingo, and didn't mean to say I was a Sponsor when I'm not on the Site Sponsors list. My banner ads that I am currently running are indeed an arrangement through Laudisi, but if the positive response continues, I will certainly look into becoming a Site Sponsor. Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome!

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Nether took to him on his YouTube postings, hopefully he will be more professional with his website business!

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
David, I know the brands I carry on the site are limited, but it's designed that way to be more new pipe smoker-friendly, and to provide a smaller, more concentrated assortment of what I personally consider to be solid, "stand-by" brands, lines, and blends. If you're interested in a pipe or blend within the brands that I carry, I can certainly special order anything within those brands. But I can also order a large assortment of brands through my distributors...so the shorter list would be items that I can't obtain. Unfortunately, Black Tie was one of those, as well as Esoterica and a few others. But if you want to check with me first, I would greatly appreciate the chance for further business from you! You can use the "Contact" form on my site.
That works perfectly for me, Eddie. If I am looking for a certain amount in a brand that you carry, I am totally Jake with that.

Thanks for carrying pipes in a range that I can aspire to

Status
Not open for further replies.