PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We're experimenting with methods to cut down on the unnecessary and often unwelcome chatter in the sales ads.

No new rules, just an attempt to comply with the current rules.

For example, if there is an unnecessary post in a sales ad, and I don't open it, I don't get subsequent replies, from the OP to delete the thread etc.

Then, sometimes, I get mystical request like above from Jaytex....nnnn

Thank you in advance for deleting mt post!

There does seem to be a feature of the forum were replies are turned off, except for the creator. We're investigating how to turn that on. I've seen this on other forums and it works well.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I've "chattered" and as harmless as it seemed, when it ended up becoming part of a series of "chatters" I saw the light (as it was very kindly explained to me, lol). I still like to see what may seem like relevant questions answered for the benefit of those looking in and the recent admonition allows for that. But yes, meet the new boss . . . (same as the old boss who was just fine in this case, Pete Townshend).

I've been wondering why chatter on sale pages is bad. Seems like it would benefit the seller, because it would keep the thread at the top of the forum list.
Although, I have seen some posts where some jerk wants to point out that a fellow forum member is not a good human being to buy from here and there, I guess those suck.
But, just to ask questions and see the replies might be beneficial.

To the MODS!!!!
Toast GIF | Gfycat

Aug 1, 2012
My first reaction was it was silly to take out the "PM sent" response as it is pretty much forum ubiquitous here and most other places. Upon further reflection, I didn't see enough benefit in keeping it to let it be more than a passing thought.

Otherwise, I completely agree with taking a harder stance on chatter and negative posts in the sale sections. I've been both victim and perpetrator when it comes to chatter and neither were good times.

Reactions: HawkeyeLinus
Status
Not open for further replies.