PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Treating myself to a new pipe for my birthday which just past. Arrived today, along with some tobacco. Already had the first half a bowl to get the breakin started. Extremely impressed with the fit, and finish at this price point. The pipe bag it comes with is a joke, but I didn't even know 1 was included, so not a disappointment. I had to run a pipe cleaner through it 1-2 times, but a little moisture in the draft hole when smoking at 25 degrees doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Very comfortable to hold, and clench....there is a real possibility I will buy another from this series at some point, but will definitely be watching the brand overall. The bowl size on this is right in my comfort zone, and likely to make this a go to in my rotation. 0218211327.jpg

BrokenRecord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2020
PNW, US
Treating myself to a new pipe for my birthday which just past. Arrived today, along with some tobacco. Already had the first half a bowl to get the breakin started. Extremely impressed with the fit, and finish at this price point. The pipe bag it comes with is a joke, but I didn't even know 1 was included, so not a disappointment. I had to run a pipe cleaner through it 1-2 times, but a little moisture in the draft hole when smoking at 25 degrees doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Very comfortable to hold, and clench....there is a real possibility I will buy another from this series at some point, but will definitely be watching the brand overall. The bowl size on this is right in my comfort zone, and likely to make this a go to in my rotation. View attachment 66748
Savinelli/Rossi makes a nice pipe. Congrats.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I’ve been thinking about buying exactly that pipe. Never tried an Oom Paul before so I’ve been reluctant to spend much in case I didn’t care for the shape but don’t want to bias the experience by getting a dog, so Rossi seemed a good idea.

I’ve got a couple other Vittoria shapes and they are fantastic smokers especially considering how little they cost. Quality seems quite good if you don’t mind the choices of black rustication or nothing. I don’t mind at all. Nice pipes.

Glad you’re enjoying it! I may be joining you soon.

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
Congrats on the new pipe. I'm encouraged by your posts as I just ordered two Rossi pipes yesterday.
There were two Savenelli shapes I have been saving up for and was hoping to catch a deal for IPSD..
One was not available anywhere and the other not much of a deal, so I got both in Rossi form for less than one Sav.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
I’ve been thinking about buying exactly that pipe. Never tried an Oom Paul before so I’ve been reluctant to spend much in case I didn’t care for the shape but don’t want to bias the experience by getting a dog, so Rossi seemed a good idea.

I’ve got a couple other Vittoria shapes and they are fantastic smokers especially considering how little they cost. Quality seems quite good if you don’t mind the choices of black rustication or nothing. I don’t mind at all. Nice pipes.

Glad you’re enjoying it! I may be joining you soon.
Black rusto finish is a plus for me. This is also my first classic Oom Paul shape. Will likely not be my last. Got a real thing for adding more bent shapes to my line up recently...

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
Congrats on the new pipe. I'm encouraged by your posts as I just ordered two Rossi pipes yesterday.
There were two Savenelli shapes I have been saving up for and was hoping to catch a deal for IPSD..
One was not available anywhere and the other not much of a deal, so I got both in Rossi form for less than one Sav.
All the reviews I read were very good, my initial impressions echo that. I have had more complaints about pipes 3 times the $$. Enjoy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife gave me a Savinelli Hercules Oom-Paul, but I have two Rossi pipes I find excellent too. Your Rossi may be a version of my Hercules, the way the shapes are shared. It's a great pipe. I'd never have gotten an Oom-Paul (or a churchwarden) if my wife hadn't gifted me. I like my Oom-Paul, with its deep chamber, for dry burleys like Semois or Five Brothers, though it does well with most blends.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
My wife gave me a Savinelli Hercules Oom-Paul, but I have two Rossi pipes I find excellent too. Your Rossi may be a version of my Hercules, the way the shapes are shared. It's a great pipe. I'd never have gotten an Oom-Paul (or a churchwarden) if my wife hadn't gifted me. I like my Oom-Paul, with its deep chamber, for dry burleys like Semois or Five Brothers, though it does well with most blends.
I have been doing the breakin with a fairly straight forward burley/va blend. If not for my wife I would probably have never owned a meerschaum. I now have 2, the 2nd my daughter gifted me last year on Father's day.

Mr_houston

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2020
Texas
This is interesting. I’ve been thinking about a full bent or Oom Paul lately. I like the idea of the bowl top lower than my nose, so I can smell it. I’ve never smoked that shape either, and don’t want to spend a lot to try it.

So how is this supposed to work to clean it — wait until it cools and remove the stem?

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
This is interesting. I’ve been thinking about a full bent or Oom Paul lately. I like the idea of the bowl top lower than my nose, so I can smell it. I’ve never smoked that shape either, and don’t want to spend a lot to try it.

So how is this supposed to work to clean it — wait until it cools and remove the stem?
To get all the way through to the tobacco chamber for thorough cleaning, let it cool, and remove the stem. I smoked 3 half bowls in it today, the last of which I switched to a cooling burning tobacco, and had 0 moisture problems or need run a cleaner in there during the smoke. If you are a clencher like me, these bent shapes are great due to how little pressure is needed to hold the pipe in your teeth. I picked it up on sale for $40, hard to find much to complain about.

JLD66

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2020
West Kentucky
To get all the way through to the tobacco chamber for thorough cleaning, let it cool, and remove the stem. I smoked 3 half bowls in it today, the last of which I switched to a cooling burning tobacco, and had 0 moisture problems or need run a cleaner in there during the smoke. If you are a clencher like me, these bent shapes are great due to how little pressure is needed to hold the pipe in your teeth. I picked it up on sale for $40, hard to find much to complain about.
If you twist the pipe cleaner a little when it hangs up most of the time it will go ahead and pass on through. Not an uncommon problem with full bent pipes , no big deal.