PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
This recipe is going to sound a bit strange, but I like it very much.

Mash one can of solid white tuna with fork or just washed hands. Add chopped onion, mayo and fresh lemon juice. Put fresh RASPBERRIES on top when serving. You might think the raspberries and onion will clash. They compliment each other.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Best tuna salad I like is with curry powder added to it, it's unbelievable provided you like curry, makes the best tuna melts too.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Sounds good... my wife puts cran-raisins in tuna salad sometimes and it is delicious! She and I were just sitting on the patio chatting (while I smoked a bowl of Dunhill Early Morning) and she mentioned wanting to eat more raspberries for some health reason - not sure what they are good for but I think she said colon?? Anyway, now that I've seen this post, I'll mention it to her.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
My local store sells 'low fat' tuna with cranberries and apples in it to beef up the flavor. Really hides the taste of the low fat mayo.
On another note, Has anyone tried to add frankfurters to egg salad?
I haven't done it since college, but since Foggy mentioned adding things, I may try it again.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That sounds like an interesting thing to do with tuna. As I will be stuck in the NJ Office living there until Thursday I think I will give that a whirl. I have never tried frankfurters with egg salad but that also sounds interesting. Do you cook them first or add them raw?

Status
Not open for further replies.