PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
NW Missouri
If you get the "lower" dot Brigham pipes cheap enough or don't care about the distillator system they are excellent everyday affairs. I found a shop closing that was selling their inventory for about $50US and bought 4 as I have a couple dedicated to specific tobaccos. Couldn't be happier.
Good to know. That you still talk about Brighams according to dots tells me you are not new to the brand.

gord

Can't Leave
If you get the "lower" dot Brigham pipes cheap enough or don't care about the distillator system they are excellent everyday affairs. I found a shop closing that was selling their inventory for about $50US and bought 4 as I have a couple dedicated to specific tobaccos. Couldn't be happier.
I have both the lower and the upper, and I concur. The "lower" two I have are very fine smokers. As are the uppers. The lowers have a bit more wood on them it seems, and they burn a bit cooler because of this. No flies on the budget bunch. The "lower" are more heavily sandblasted, perhaps because their wood isn't as pretty. But it's still briar.

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Yes, marketing is part of it . . . give 'em what they want. And i seriously doubt that any more the a very small percentage of the public knows what a colloidal vehicle is. Nor do they probably care. But they use one every time they take an ointment medicine and many other food substances. Otherwise the stuff would separate and wouldn't look nice.😟

Processed "cheese" in a jar is a good example.
Yep, we all have enough "micro" plastics in us to make a decent pipe stem....some of us may have enough for a Churhwarden stem. :)