PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
Hi everyone! My granddaddy wasn't a big pipe smoker when I knew him, but I was left his pipes. There are about eight of them. They looked to have been heavy used at some point with lots of carbon on the inside, but since I've never seen him smoke them it must be over 30-40 years ago at least when he did. I want to clean restore them and enjoy a smoke every once in a while. I'm not a cigarette smoker, never have. I did smoke cigars occasionally a few years back. I'm hoping to learn how to do this stuff here and maybe start a new hobby.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
IWelcome from the Central Coast of California! Pull up a chair/stool/barrel and sit a while for a smoke and a chat.
You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some photos of a few of those pipes could be useful in guiding you, if that's what you wish.

How to place a photo in a post:

If it's on your computer, you can drag it into the REPLY Box directly, or to the Image box (see below) after opening the dialogue box. If you are LINKING* to an image, click on the Link button and paste the URL into the box that opens. The symbol to LINK is the right hand symbol on the upper left of the box. (Looks like a tilted infinity sign.)
No need to resize, as the server will do that for you. Choose full size image, not thumbnail.
* Photos from many—even most—websites can be displayed by copying the image's URL, usually by Control-clicking onna Mac; or right-clicking on Windows, selecting the URL (often stated as "Copy Image Location" or similar words), then copy/paste that into the window.

Reactions: diamondback

Brandybuck

Lurker
Dec 23, 2019
Pensacola, Florida
Merry Christmas and welcome from Northwest Florida! I'm also new here. I think it's so awesome that you have your granddad's pipes; I had a great uncle who smoked and I wish like hell I could find just one of his, but as far as any in my family are aware, they are all lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.