PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pydpiper

Lurker
Aug 18, 2024
Hello everyone. I am new to pipe smoking , coming from the world of cigars. I would like to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences and advice for those new to the experience of pipe smoking. I used this forum as research as my journey began a month ago. Valuable information on starting with a corn cob pipe, tobacco selection, proper packaging, pipe rotation , cleaning and using the breath technique. It took about 4oz of tobacco to get the art of smoking a pipe, no more tongue bite or destroying pipes thanks to the advice found here. My collection now consists of four pipes. A bent Doblin, Apple, bent billard and a Churchwarden. I have not delved into the many fine tobacco’s available yet, I am still learning and enjoying a house blend from my local tobacconist called Wood Duck, an English bend. Looking forward to learning more and hanging out with all of you.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hello everyone. I am new to pipe smoking , coming from the world of cigars. I would like to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences and advice for those new to the experience of pipe smoking. I used this forum as research as my journey began a month ago. Valuable information on starting with a corn cob pipe, tobacco selection, proper packaging, pipe rotation , cleaning and using the breath technique. It took about 4oz of tobacco to get the art of smoking a pipe, no more tongue bite or destroying pipes thanks to the advice found here. My collection now consists of four pipes. A bent Doblin, Apple, bent billard and a Churchwarden. I have not delved into the many fine tobacco’s available yet, I am still learning and enjoying a house blend from my local tobacconist called Wood Duck, an English bend. Looking forward to learning more and hanging out with all of you.
I love that you're learning the local blend before jumping into the deep end. You'll get more out of that method in my opinion.

Reactions: Pydpiper

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from California!

Please
put your location in your Profile!

How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

• Haha
Reactions: Pydpiper

Pydpiper

Lurker
Aug 18, 2024
The only "secret" is the tobacco needs to be at the right moisture level. Then no technique is needed for loading.

Diff strokes, though, diff folks.
I have found that after several days after purchasing I seem to get better burning bowls…guess it has time to dry out a bit 👍

Pydpiper

Lurker
Aug 18, 2024
Welcome from California!

Please
put your location in your Profile!

How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.
East Coast, USA for now 🤣😏