New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Gregg1980

Might Stick Around
Well i'm completely sold on pipe smoking. It's my birthday coming up the end of March so I'm going to gift myself a new pipe i think. I've been looking at all the brands and the choice is vast. I want to spend 100-150 quid and will probably get a straight pipe. Are there any brands that I should be moving towards? I appreciate this is somewhat of an expansive topic but none the less I would appreciate opinions. Thanks in advance!

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Well i'm completely sold on pipe smoking. It's my birthday coming up the end of March so I'm going to gift myself a new pipe i think. I've been looking at all the brands and the choice is vast. I want to spend 100-150 quid and will probably get a straight pipe. Are there any brands that I should be moving towards? I appreciate this is somewhat of an expansive topic but none the less I would appreciate opinions. Thanks in advance!
Hi Gregg, I wouls at least consider Barontinipipes - hand made in Tuscany. Their website does not show all of their pipes but I'm sure if you emailed them they might have something or could make it for you. I have one and it is a perfect smoke no matter what tobacco is put into it. I have never read anyone saying anything bad about them. Good Luck

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Browse SP Europe - in that price range you’ll have tons of good options. I’m partial to Peterson and they have some good looking pipes with straight stems, other brands may have more billiard or Dublin or other straight stem options than Peterson. Frankly you could get a couple good, new pipes for 200 pounds. Sounds like fun!

robbie

Lurker
Feb 1, 2022
Scottish Borders
If you go with Molina you could probably get two or even three pipes. I haven’t tried one myself but that’s only because I can’t find the shapes I like (bent dublin and straight apple) in the finish I like.

A Savinelli is also high up on my list of next pipe purchases.
Are you kidding? at £20 each at least 7 pipes! I had a Molina once, worst pipe ever. The only good thing i got out of it was the free bg.

robbie

Lurker
Feb 1, 2022
Scottish Borders
Invicta Briars do some lovely pipes. Hand made, I have two and love them. I find they take a bit longer to break in though as there's no bowl coating.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Are you kidding? at £20 each at least 7 pipes! I had a Molina once, worst pipe ever. The only good thing i got out of it was the free bg.
I have 12 Molinas and they are all great smokers. They are a fine quality pipe that is reasonably priced. Everyone has their own tastes, but try one and if you don't like it, you aren't out much. My guess is that you will love them too.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Thanks everyone for your input! I've been putting together quite the wish list now! I am however leaning towards a Vauen. I think they look so elegant. Has anyone got opinions on that brand? German I believe.
Vauen pipes are a well made German pipe. They are an attractive pipe at an affordable price. I believe that would be a good choice.