PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
Hello friends,
Like the title says, I have received a new pipe for christmas! I Haven't had the chance to light it up yet but I have a question.
First, the pipe is a Vauen Wood 342 (I'll post a link tomorrow - I'm in a hurry at the moment). I noticed that the pipe was likely out of a different kind of wood on the outside as it has an inlay. I did a quick search And it says on the vauen site that it is made of rosewood and maple on the outside and the inlay is briar.
I know nothing of maple pipes but I have not heard a lot of wonderful things about rosewood. Mainly that the pipes tend to burn hot.
Do you all think that I should be careful smoking this thing? The inside is briar but it is probably only 50% as thick as a normal briar pipe.
It's a beauty anyway and I'm looking forward to lighting it up tomorrow.
Thanks in advance for responses.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Can't wait to see a picture and hear how it smokes. I think it's great to receive something like this no matter what kind it is. Merry Christmas!

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
Well, this is strange! I searched "vauen wood 342" and I can't find anything about this pipe online!
Loads about vauen wood 042,142,242,442 but nothing about 342!
Anyway the pipe smokes well, really well actually, so my worrying was unjustified, as it normally is... :lol:
Oh and, how could I forget... merry christmas everyone!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I found some links Googling vauen 342 pipe. Seems there's several 342 models - one is the Regent 342 and is smooth but only briar, smokingpipes has a Select Rusticated 342, but it's also listed as just briar. Apparently 342 is the shape and it comes in different finishes and grades. Here's the link for the English version of Vauen's German site

Vauen in English
Just noticed you already called it a Wood 342; I found nothing either :(

Status
Not open for further replies.