New Peterson

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

banner

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
So on my way home from work today I just happened to pass by Rich's Cigar Store in downtown Portland, OR, so of course I just had to go in. And there, in the display case that I entirely coincidentally walked right up to (resilutely), was a pipe I had seen a couple of weeks ago, haunting my dreams ever since, now begging me to take it home. I had just totally randomly had the thought that if it was still there, I'd perhaps consider buying it. I'm a weak man. :rolleyes:

It is a Peterson Deluxe Classic 408 with a sterling silver band and gorgeous grain. Normally $250, it was on sale at 50% off. I also had a gift certificate which I was able to apply. All told, I paid $105. Since I'm beginning my year of residency, I figure it will be a good companion for me in the upcoming months...

banner

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
Thanks everyone! I couldn't pass it up. I was a little worried about what my wife was going to say, but when I got home and before I brought it up she told me in a very guilty manner that she had spent even more on clothes and shoes, so then she couldn't complain! Lol

paulie66scandinavian

Preferred Member
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Thanks everyone! I couldn't pass it up. I was a little worried about what my wife was going to say, but when I got home and before I brought it up she told me in a very guilty manner that she had spent even more on clothes and shoes, so then she couldn't complain! Lol
<you did well ,the price was right,You ought to have that beauty, couldn't pass on this one ,it was more than a right move Sir,sometimes theres simply no room for a second chance,even if our funds dosen't allow anything extras acquisitions, I know this all alone,,

sparrowhawk

Preferred Member
Jul 24, 2013
Except for the P-lip, you've make an exceptional investment. But I'm prejudiced; Most of my pipes are Peterson. But sometimes a pipe just screams your name.

sittingbear

Jul 20, 2015
How do you like the p-lip?
I have one other Pete that has a P-lip and I like it. For some reason it's easier to clench for me, and I like how it doesn't fry my tongue. My wife always laughs at it though because she thinks it looks like a certain member of the male anatomy.

banner