PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
Title edited. See Rule 9.

I ordered pipe #6 and #7 last night plus a can of the Savinelli 140 to try. I bought an Estate pipe unknown maker, but a nice looking pipe, also a new corn cob , both have no filter. I heard the Savinelli 140 was a pretty good tobacco and wanted to try it out. Watch , it will be the best tobacco I've had so far and they don't make it anymore. Should get it all by this Saturday or Monday next . Smoking pipes. com ships the fastest I have ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
That right there is why I won't buy tobacco that is no longer made. OF COURSE it will be awesome. Why get hooked on something like that? I have no desire to try any McClellands, for example.
I personally don’t see it as a case of “getting hooked” on something no longer available. I see it as an opportunity to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime (perhaps) experience. I’m not going to not enjoy something just because I may never be able to repeat it.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
I personally don’t see it as a case of “getting hooked” on something no longer available. I see it as an opportunity to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime (perhaps) experience. I’m not going to not enjoy something just because I may never be able to repeat it.
On this, a lot of blends have changed year to year depending on crop yields or what's available Solani comes to mind.

Or when a new manufacturer just slaps the old name on a new blend Three Nuns comes to mind.

You get what you get when you get it and your experience is your experience.
I have one open tin of McClellands and it's definitely its own thing, I'm glad I tried it so I know what others are hyping about. Great stuff...

Reactions: Warlee

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
That right there is why I won't buy tobacco that is no longer made. OF COURSE it will be awesome. Why get hooked on something like that? I have no desire to try any McClellands, for example.
Because it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Definitely a cliché but also definitely true for me.

Reactions: Hunter1 and FLDRD

Hunter1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2022
MD
Okay, I'll play the rube. What is Pipe #6 and pipe #7?? Some kind of code??
The last 2 months that I started back up smoking a pipe, I bought 5other pipes. 1 Savinellis, 2 Petersons and 1 Capri, and 1 cob. No code .It was in my other post.

Reactions: kcghost

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As long as I know in advance that a blend is not something I can re-order, I can enjoy it as an exotic treat, like an outrageously expensive wine someone has put out for guests. I have two tins of McC's blends, and I'll enjoy them despite the fact I won't be buying any more.

Reactions: Hunter1

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Just remember, there are hundreds, if not thousands of other blends out there, and just went you thought this is the one, you find another great one.

Hopefully, you can just order one tin, and there will be more to order later, IF you really like it.

I’ve bought in the past 2 years close to 100 blends, and I’m still always buying, and I still find many of the blends I buy great, but I always buy something different to sample/explore.

In time you’ll realize this too, so enjoy and explore the world of pipe tobacco, because if 140 fell off the earth, you won’t die. ;)

Reactions: Hunter1