PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
As usual, superfast delivery (3 days to get to me), top shelf service.
Looking for long-ish light-ish pipes.

This is what I ordered:

alpascia2.jpg

An Alpascia pipe, 155mm long, 22g weight.
ascorti2.jpg

Ascorti Business, 149mm long, 28g weight.
This is what I recieved in record time:
HPIM0808.jpg

HPIM0809.jpg

The Alpascia, in one of the most amazing quality leather socks I have seen.

HPIM0810.jpg

The Ascorti, incredible finish in every single detail...

HPIM0812.jpg

I have made the maiden smoke on the Alpascia. It blew my mind. So light that one forgets it is in your mouth. Even for a first smoke, it was a perfect draw of a cool smoke. I am very, very happy this both purchases. Very surprised on the Alpascia. Pictures didn't reveal what good patterns that wood has, and one can not even imagine what 22g are... It feels like the tobacco is burning in the air, and delivered dry and cold.
A tip on the hat and a bow of the head both to the manufacturers of the pipes, and the 7 star service of Alpascia.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Carlos we seem to share the same desire for long lean light pipes. Beautiful pipes.

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
Hi Ohin, yes, I have noticed from some other posts. I am actually surprised how scarce pipes under 30g are, and among them, even fewer above 150mm... Whenever I do a search on those criteria, I get 6 Dunhills, a couple of Ascorti and a couple more from others...
Anyway these 2 are a lot more than I even imagined both in mouth and hand feeling, and in smoking properties.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Beautiful pipes! I especially like the Ascorti...you have great taste. Enjoy every puff! :puffy:

carlosviet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2012
I'm in South East Asia. Anything coming here is usually very slow, so I guess that this fastness should be kept in USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.