PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NC TX ID pipeman

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
North Carolina,Texas,Idaho
SP just got a Ropp Heritage oom pauls made out of old Comoy bowls and I was quite exited and put one in my cart and by the time I finished my order with few tobacco tins my pipe was sold from my cart!!!! I was quite frustrated...Did not expect that somebody can buy the pipe you already got in your cart.....The oom pauls sold so quick-less than a day

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Sorry man. One thing about Smoking PIpes is there are ALOT of people who get those emails and A LOT of gents who shop there. If you have a pipe you like just buy it right then and there. you can always return it, but it beats missing out on it. Its happened to all of us....

Reactions: NC TX ID pipeman

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
Thanks! Did not want to buy it before I put some tobacco tins to qualify for free shipping and it was just a few min since I put them in a cart but then It told me-pipe is sold ...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had my eye on a somewhat unique design of bulldog for future reference, and it promptly disappeared. If you like it, someone else will too, it seems. I bought one of those Ropp heritage pipes, a compact pot/sitter with a canted bowl. It's a smooth little smoking pipe, with an ample chamber, good pipes.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
SP has a pretty nice ecommerce website and it should prevent displaying items that are already in anothers cart.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
SP just got a Ropp Heritage oom pauls made out of old Comoy bowls and I was quite exited and put one in my cart and by the time I finished my order with few tobacco tins my pipe was sold from my cart!!!! I was quite frustrated...Did not expect that somebody can buy the pipe you already got in your cart.....The oom pauls sold so quick-less than a day
Could've made it an offline order then when you call with the payment you could've added the tobacco on to the order.

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
Could've made it an offline order then when you call with the payment you could've added the tobacco on to the order.
Thanks for recomendation.I bought so many pipes from them over the years and never had a problem like this...It would not even come to my mind that during few minutes putting tobacco in my cart my pipe is sold and I had to remove it from the cart...I did not figured that pipe would be so special and one of the kind that somebody would buy just that one out of 10 or so..

Reactions: Chasing Embers

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Most if not all online shopping cart software will not remove the item from inventory simply by placing it in the cart. Doesn't matter who the vendor is. And there is good reason for that.

Leaving items in the cart from a prior login may be a way to bump the order up to the free shipping level, but then again there may be maintenance routines in the software that clear any carts after a certain amount of time.

If it means that much to you, buy it on the spot, and don't worry about the $10-$15 shipping charge...

NC TX ID pipeman

Dec 25, 2021
Most if not all online shopping cart software will not remove the item from inventory simply by placing it in the cart. Doesn't matter who the vendor is. And there is good reason for that.

Leaving items in the cart from a prior login may be a way to bump the order up to the free shipping level, but then again there may be maintenance routines in the software that clear any carts after a certain amount of time.

If it means that much to you, buy it on the spot, and don't worry about the $10-$15 shipping charge...
next time my strategy would be different,believe me :)

Reactions: AroEnglish

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm waiting for an offer from SP on several estate pipes that I wasn't smoking, for store credit during this month when they propose to pay 5% more than usual. In trying to figure out what I'd order if I accept the offer, I've found a series of pipes, some offered in multiples of the same pipe, in hopes of having one left by the time I hear back. Probably because of the promotion, it will take them longer than usual. I'm keeping a weather eye on my picks, and it gives me an opportunity to tweak my thoughts about my choice.