Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Merry Christmas from New Zealand. I've been smoking pipes on and off since my university days...many moons ago now, and have decided to become more active. I'm looking forward to the discussions on this group. To start, I have a question: Some time ago I inherited a pipe from a relative. It's a Stanwell Sixtus 211 with an acrylic hexagonal stem and brass band. The problem is that the stem is loose. If it is partially pushed in it is tight but not so when fully inserted. Can anyone suggest a solution to fix this issue?
Many thanks
Peter
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Jan 8, 2024
Merry Christmas from New Zealand. I've been smoking pipes on and off since my university days...many moons ago now, and have decided to become more active. I'm looking forward to the discussions on this group. To start, I have a question: Some time ago I inherited a pipe from a relative. It's a Stanwell Sixtus 211 with an acrylic hexagonal stem and brass band. The problem is that the stem is loose. If it is partially pushed in it is tight but not so when fully inserted. Can anyone suggest a solution to fix this issue?
Many thanks
Peter
Hey Peter, For your Stanwell Sixtus 211, if the stem is a bit loose, try putting a bit of beeswax or paraffin wax on the part that goes into the pipe. It should help tighten it up.