PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
It's 2:30am; time to morph from lurker to Affable member.
If my home were on fire, I'd risk my life to rescue my pipes and my fountain pens.
The worth of these items is almost trifling but their value is inestimable. They're ideal articles of reverence for the iconoclast.
I worship their totemic and practical powers equally. I'm an old apostate. I worship beauty and function.

I've never used pen or pipe in a perfunctory way. Even when I'm distracted or in a hurry, time stops and my senses connect to the drawn smoke or ink.
Sometimes it's only a nanosecond but it's a rapturous moment.

I've had fifty years of these moments.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Findlaigh

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
w
If my home were on fire, I'd risk my life to rescue my pipes and my fountain pens.
The worth of these items is almost trifling but their value is inestimable. They're ideal articles of reverence for the iconoclast.
I worship their totemic and practical powers equally. I'm an old apostate. I worship beauty and function.

I've never used pen or pipe in a perfunctory way. Even when I'm distracted or in a hurry, time stops and my senses connect to the drawn smoke or ink.

welcome from PA oh you know where we are, where are you at sir?

Findlaigh

Lurker
Jan 28, 2024
Aylmer, Quebec CANADA
I posted my introduction and promptly ran away, fearing criticism or (worse) indifference.

I wanted so very badly to connect with you that I found myself postponing any discovery that I'd failed.
The warmth of your welcome is balm to my reclusive heart.

I did fail, however. I failed to remember that we, individually and collectively, are the kindest and most respectfully inclusive social pariahs on this earth.
I'll never make that mistake again ❤️
This forum is a source of warmth and kinship. This forum is a virtual hearth.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I posted my introduction and promptly ran away, fearing criticism or (worse) indifference.

I wanted so very badly to connect with you that I found myself postponing any discovery that I'd failed.

I did fail, however. I failed to remember that we, individually and collectively, are the kindest and most respectfully inclusive social pariahs on this earth.
we can be jerks sometimes too. But generally we do seem to have a shared believe in being civil and civilized. We can disagree on what that means occasionally. But our mods are great here.
And the internet does train us to expect the worst out of people. Including cruelty for the slightest mistake perceived or otherwise.

grand wazoo

Lurker
Jul 25, 2023
Western N.Y.

welcome and let me say ,its an honor sir!

grand wazoo

Lurker
Jul 25, 2023
Western N.Y.

steady ,you are amongst friends, have no fear!