PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello, Infantry23.

I spent the first 17 years of my life in Baltimore and the next 7 in the Infantry, so we may have a thing or two in common.

Living in Austin, Texas now. Welcome to the forum.

1604961403377.jpeg

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I miss leaving Baltimore at 5am and trailering the boat down to the Choptank river for a day of fishing. Or to Wye river for a day of crabbing.

1605420510138.png

Reactions: gerryp

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Welcome! I'm in Louisiana now, but I was born in DC, raised in PG, and lived/worked in upper MoCo until 2011.

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
I miss leaving Baltimore at 5am and trailering the boat down to the Choptank river for a day of fishing. Or to Wye river for a day of crabbing.

View attachment 51405

My grandparents had a little house on the Patuxent, a little spot called Town Creek right across the river from Solomon's. Some of my best childhood memories are of the times I spent there during the summer.
I remember being surprised at how expensive crabs were the first time I paid for them instead of catching them. ?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Infantry23

Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
My grandparents had a little house on the Patuxent, a little spot called Town Creek right across the river from Solomon's. Some of my best childhood memories are of the times I spent there during the summer.
I remember being surprised at how expensive crabs were the first time I paid for them instead of catching them. ?
O yeah, we used turkey necks on a trot line and had bushels full by lunchtime. Buying a bushel of crabs? Well, let's just say I'd rather spend that $ on tobacco and pipes ?

Reactions: gerryp

gerryp

Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
O yeah, we used turkey necks on a trot line and had bushels full by lunchtime. Buying a bushel of crabs? Well, let's just say I'd rather spend that $ on tobacco and pipes ?

It was chicken backs for our lines and crab traps. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.