Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
My dad had a pipe shop growing up and I have smoked cigars and pipes since the 80's. Never a daily smoker and it has been a while since I have actively smoked a pipe. Have my dad's last pipe and a couple of others I have picked up over the years. Just getting back into it and seeing where it takes me.
Welcome, fellow badger!

G-Varsity

Lurker
Feb 23, 2022
around here saying your dad had a pipe shop growing up is like telling normal people you where raised by magical fairies in candyland. :) Welcome aboard.
It wasn't the greatest time for a pipe shop as it was the end of the Reagan Era. So just say no and tobacco was out of fashion. He had some good stories. Fuente Sr and his daughter of cigar fame visited his shop. He was part of a group of guys that all smoked pipes and he started his own shop to cater to that group. He was a purist. No cigarettes. Just pipes and cigars. Had some gorgeous pipes. In the period of all of the Danish pipes. He quit smoking in the 90's and cleared out his collection of about 250+ pipes. Wish I had some of them still but I had no interest at that time. I have the only one he kept. A Ben Wade Majestic Designer series that he always said was his best smoker. Smooth bent apple.

Reactions: kcghost
Status
Not open for further replies.