PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
Yo Ro - Welcome to PM! What side of Philly are you? I'm in West Chester but go to the monthly meetings of the Lehigh Valley Pipe Club in Bethlehem. I'm a long time member of Morley's PC in Center City, which hasn't been meeting since the COVID began. Too bad, because Morley's has been at it since the 90s or before. In fact, in 2002 Morley's hosted the first sanctioned Slow Smoke event in this hemisphere.

hp
les
Les, I'm near Media. I've gone to Pairings in Media but it's mostly a cigar place.

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
Welcome @RonB
What in the neighborhood are you near? - Sherm Natman

@Infantry23 - The Tinder Box in Haverford - right near the train station - which I live very close to. They are stocked heavy with their TB house blends - being mostly rebranded Lane Limited best-sellers - a varying section of the better tins, based mostly on what's hottest at the time; an interesting selection of pipes on the board; very well stocked with the smaller critical accessories; and wonderfully comfortable leather club chairs to smoke from. If you are in town to visit the family in the future, give me the word, and perhaps - CV19 depending - we could meet there for a few bowls. - Sherm Natman
Just outside of Media.

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Just outside of Media.
Have you been to either:

Rose's News & Tobacco on Olive St in Media? He has a few things there: cobs, filters, some pouches, a few tins.

Or,

Total Tobacco in the Newtown Square Shopping Center?

When Frank was running the place, they used to carry C&D, Peterson, Dunhill, Brigham, Savinelli; but the new manager got rid of Frank and killed the pipe tobacco down to cobs, OTC's, and such. - Sherm Natman

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
Have you been to either:

Rose's News & Tobacco on Olive St in Media? He has a few things there: cobs, filters, some pouches, a few tins.

Or,

Total Tobacco in the Newtown Square Shopping Center?

When Frank was running the place, they used to carry C&D, Peterson, Dunhill, Brigham, Savinelli; but the new manager got rid of Frank and killed the pipe tobacco down to cobs, OTC's, and such. - Sherm Natman
I haven't but my friend buys his cigars at Rose's. I'll have to check it out. I didn't know there was a tobacco store in Newtown Square. Thanks, Sherm.

Reactions: shermnatman

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
I haven't but my friend buys his cigars at Rose's. I'll have to check it out. I didn't know there was a tobacco store in Newtown Square. Thanks, Sherm.
You're welcome, @RonB . Use the back entrance into the shopping center, off of 252, across from Gentilly's Market at the traffic light. When you enter, the Beer Distributor will be on your right, Total Tobacco will be down a bit further, being the first store in the strip on your left. - Sherm Natman

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
Welcome @RonB
What in the neighborhood are you near? - Sherm Natman

@Infantry23 - The Tinder Box in Haverford - right near the train station - which I live very close to. They are stocked heavy with their TB house blends - being mostly rebranded Lane Limited best-sellers - a varying section of the better tins, based mostly on what's hottest at the time; an interesting selection of pipes on the board; very well stocked with the smaller critical accessories; and wonderfully comfortable leather club chairs to smoke from. If you are in town to visit the family in the future, give me the word, and perhaps - CV19 depending - we could meet there for a few bowls. - Sherm Natman
Sherm, that would be great. I'll take you up on the offer! Unfortunately, we haven't been seeing my sister much due to covid, but when things clear up I'll give you a holler!

Reactions: shermnatman

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello, Ron.

Welcome from Austin, Texas. I started in Baltimore long ago. I got my first tattoo at South Street in Philly.

And woke up the next morning in some shrubberies on the corner of 15th and Walnut, with disgruntled suits stepping over me.

Good times! ?

1611098669829.jpeg

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hello, Ron.

Welcome from Austin, Texas. I started in Baltimore long ago. I got my first tattoo at South Street in Philly.

And woke up the next morning in some shrubberies on the corner of 15th and Walnut, with disgruntled suits stepping over me.

Good times! ?

View attachment 61010
Haha 15th and Walnut is right near Holts Cigar which used to carry a lot of pipes and tobacco. When they cleared out some of their old pipe tobacco I bought a lot of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.