PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2021
Hi. I’m a relatively new pipe smoker of 4 years. My most smoked blends are Germaine eighteen twenty, Esoterica Pembroke/margate/penzance, GLP quiet nights and gaslight, and Star of the East flake by C&D. I’ve tried to get into Virginia’s here and there, but after 25 years of smoking menthols (I know, right?) they tend to still taste like someone else’s cigarettes. Never the less, I keep some cellared in case that changes in the future.

My most smoked pipe is a SavenellI Mattone 313, which was also my first pipe purchased.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina. I had a long-time work colleague and her husband and ultra successful family that came from Jackson, Miss. She was gifted in tech, and administration, and travel, and braved it through multiple eye surgeries and other troubles. Great person.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. My first pipe was also a Mattone, a 601 bent billiard. Unbeknownst to me at the time, mattone is Italian for "brick." True to the name of a 1972 Jethro Tull album in my vinyl collection, this bad boy can take a very hot smoke and stay cool to the touch. I smoke all my aromatics in this pipe.

Enjoy the journey!

Reactions: sneaky sasquatch
Dec 28, 2021
Welcome from central North Carolina. I had a long-time work colleague and her husband and ultra successful family that came from Jackson, Miss. She was gifted in tech, and administration, and travel, and braved it through multiple eye surgeries and other troubles. Great person.
She sounds like an inspiring person, Jackson is lovely. I’m a bit further east in Meridian with my in-laws for the time being.

Dec 28, 2021
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. My first pipe was also a Mattone, a 601 bent billiard. Unbeknownst to me at the time, mattone is Italian for "brick." True to the name of a 1972 Jethro Tull album in my vinyl collection, this bad boy can take a very hot smoke and stay cool to the touch. I smoke all my aromatics in this pipe.

Enjoy the journey!
That’s interesting to know about the Italian meaning, I‘ve always assumed it was a trademarkable way of saying matte tone but brick makes more sense.

Reactions: Servant King
Status
Not open for further replies.