PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
I got my new Strambach meer and I finally got to smoke it.
IMG_5837_zps0039d44f.jpg

Mixed feelings so far. Everthing started good, I loaded it with some cube cut DF and the start of the smoke was cool, flavorful and very nice. At some point I got some gurgles, nothing that a pipe cleaner could not fix but at the end of the bowl I started getting this sour plastic like flavor that stick to my throat. I hope is just because it was brand new and it will disappear cause it was truly unpleasant.
Anyways, here is the first pick, I will update as it colors.
Puffs,
D

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
DN I got the same as you, Second bowl was really smoked too hot and I attributed it to that, 3rd bowl a little better, total of 7 bowls and the jury is still out, will try another during the day, last bowl was smoked a lot slower and was better, wish I could give glowing reviews but it is still in the air.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I'm a aro puffer - and thinking about getting a meerschaum. Trying to decide what would be a good break-in tobacco. Leaning towards Lane Ltd 1Q.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
So,I think there is a plastic piece in the shank of mine, I m thinking this might be the problem, maybe some glue on it... I m hopping it will go away soon, I dont have much patience for those things, I want smoking to be enjoyable all the time. Life is tough enough.
Anyways, let me know how is yours progressing Brad.
D

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Mine has a Bambo Shank so it may not be as pronounced as yours, but it is there. Smokeing some No Bite Delight as I am typing this, If it still is there I will try bristle cleaner with everclear.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Just took stem off while smokeing , gently puffed from shank, no taste of whatever, took Bambo shank and stem and did an everclear scrub, passed a couple of pipe cleaners thru stem and Bambo and so far I"m smokeing this as I type no off taste. PS Stem on button end is fused to Bambo shank and I"m thinking the glue residue doing this is the culprit. The old Cajun

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
never smoked a meer so i have no advice on that, but thats a good looking pipe

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
Second smoke today with some University Flake. After cleaning it with alcohol and all the plastic taste is still there. It also smoked pretty hot today, maybe that was the UF not sure.
Annoyed,
D

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
A dozen bristle pipe cleaners with abundant alcohol later today's glue smell and taste seems to be fading. Or maybe I m just getting used to smoke glue... I dont know anymore.
Do you guys think I can get Strambach to send my a bag of pipe cleaners and a bottle of alcohol for free?
Who said Meers dont need breaking in?
D

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
Got home took a smell of the bowl and F... F... F... F... I even decided not to smoke today. This is F depressing glue what I got. More alcohol and cleaners? I think I am just going to shatter it against the wall.
Frustrated smoker,
D

Status
Not open for further replies.