PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

CDN Piper

Lurker
Nov 17, 2023
Victoria BC Canada.
I just found out from my Tobacconist that as of July 1st 2024 we will no longer be able to buy blends made within the store, All Pipe Tobacco will have to be sealed and blended by the suppliers. For me this really sucks as I have searched hard for the Blends I like and during Covid I was not able to get them so my Pipe Smoking was cut back. It seems that they are doing everything possible to make Canadians give up smoking anything but Pot.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
This is some bullshit. I don't understand the reasoning.

The "reasoning" is Tobacco Is Evil, and anything and everything that can be done to Kill The Evil Tobacco Monster must be done. The screws must be tightened at every opportunity.

In other Canadia news, the western provinces are definitely starting to get tired of Castro's kid and his bullshit, so things are not done and dusted quite yet:

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The "reasoning" is Tobacco Is Evil, and anything and everything that can be done to Kill The Evil Tobacco Monster must be done. The screws must be tightened at every opportunity.

In other Canadia news, the western provinces are definitely starting to get tired of Castro's kid and his bullshit, so things are not done and dusted quite yet:

Lol the Sun.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada

She is a total crack pot. Our idiot premier will likely join her. Together they make Ford look like a genius.
This is a sinking ship.

Reactions: bent1
Mar 1, 2014
Much as it sucks from a civil liberties standpoint, I always hate it when tobacconists re-label bulk blends, this should actually be a win for transparency with consumers.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Much as it sucks from a civil liberties standpoint, I always hate it when tobacconists re-label bulk blends, this should actually be a win for transparency with consumers.
I don’t know if this counteracts that practice. @CDN Piper only stated that tobaccos cannot be blended in stores. But that in and of itself doesn’t mean that tobaccos that are blended by manufacturers can’t be relabeled as something else.

Reactions: upnorth1

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I always wonder when I hear this law is happening and I don't see anything official about it just the word of a retailer. They're not lawyers and often it makes more sense for them to be pessimistic then optimistic (the old over cautious is less likely to run afoul). What the original post says is that the owner of a business interprets the new or proposed law in a certain way. No confirmation if they're honest or know what they're talking about. Also no confirmation the other ways either if they're a liar or well informed.
That said I wish I would have not underreacted to the variety and choice apocalypse of the deeming regs. I should have listened to the people saying that all new blends would never ever happen again.
Not saying it's not happening just saying don't get the pitchforks and torches out yet.

Reactions: AroEnglish