PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
Hey, I had a little brainstorm the other day and the experiment turned out nicely. I mixed equal parts

Prince Albert, Carter Hall, and an English blend from my local tobacconist. I call this concoction

Royal Albert Hall. Very nice, give it a shot, let me know what you think. It tastes like the perfect smoke to me!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Probably difficult, unless your B&Ms english blend is readily available everywhere. I am glad your special concoction worked out, experiments are always fun!

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I'd say select a fairly robust tasting English and you should achieve a similar effect. The EB I used is not even available at my local tobacconist and was never for sale. I was hanging out there, trying some different blends one afternoon, bought a couple things, and the sales clerk pulled out this mason jar of what it's creator believed was a failed experiment. He names all his blends after birds, and this one was called Tufted Puffin (he is also the creator of their (Fader's, Baltimore, MD) most popular English Blend which is called King Eider).

People told him that TP "smelled like soap" so it got shelved. He told this girl to "get rid of it". Well turns out as this thing sat and aged (for some time I'm told), the soapy aroma went away, as neither her or I smelled it any more. She let me have the whole thing, I'd say there was about 4-5 ounces there. To me it's the second best EB I've had from this shop, and they have quite a few. Maharajah is my favorite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.