PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello Pipe Pals! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a long time pipe fan. I remember smoking Balkan Sobranie, Dunhill 965, and buying London Dock Pipe Tobacco for my Dad and Five Brothers for my Grandpa for Christmas. One of my first jobs was in a Pipe Store and remember selling Dunhill Rock Briars for $75 and listening to complaints that their price was too high. I guess nothing changes. I like Peterson Pipes, especially the B24 and Savinelli Pipes (and all those I can afford!). I enjoy English Mixtures.

I really miss the brick and mortar pipe stores that used to be on every street corner and with the newsstands that actually sold newspapers for a nickel. It's difficult buying pipes with out holding it and judging it from every angle before purchasing it. They even took Santa Claus's pipe away from him. I've even been banned from smoking in my own house. Anyhow I've been smoking pipes since I was 15 and now I'm in my Seventies. But I still miss the old days.

But I'm delighted to have found you true pipe smokers, and I can't wait to get to know you. Thanks for letting me join!
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!