PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
Hello new guy! I wasn’t born yet during those days but they did sound amazing. You can still find that experience at some of the bigger shops or at a pipe show. Also regarding your favorite pipe, did you mean to say the B42 or did you really mean the B24? I had to look it up and sure enough the B24 is a shape though seemingly rare.

Reactions: Streak Eagle F15
Aug 6, 2022
Hello new guy! I wasn’t born yet during those days but they did sound amazing. You can still find that experience at some of the bigger shops or at a pipe show. Also regarding your favorite pipe, did you mean to say the B42 or did you really mean the B24? I had to look it up and sure enough the B24 is a shape though seemingly rare.
Thanks. Yes, I meant the Peterson B24 preferably in sandblast. I travel with 4 of them. They're my current favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: AroEnglish
Aug 6, 2022
Hmm it says; Joined Aug 6, 2022 🤔

Hopefully all is well, and you simply forgot about joining back then.

Anyhow, welcome back again! :)
You are correct. I forgot about it and stumbled onto to it today. I'm not one for these new fangled computers, but I'll be on hand. Thanks.

Reactions: PipeIT

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Hello Pipe Pals! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a long time pipe fan. I remember smoking Balkan Sobranie, Dunhill 965, and buying London Dock Pipe Tobacco for my Dad and Five Brothers for my Grandpa for Christmas. One of my first jobs was in a Pipe Store and remember selling Dunhill Rock Briars for $75 and listening to complaints that their price was too high. I guess nothing changes. I like Peterson Pipes, especially the B24 and Savinelli Pipes (and all those I can afford!). I enjoy English Mixtures.

I really miss the brick and mortar pipe stores that used to be on every street corner and with the newsstands that actually sold newspapers for a nickel. It's difficult buying pipes with out holding it and judging it from every angle before purchasing it. They even took Santa Claus's pipe away from him. I've even been banned from smoking in my own house. Anyhow I've been smoking pipes since I was 15 and now I'm in my Seventies. But I still miss the old days.

But I'm delighted to have found you true pipe smokers, and I can't wait to get to know you. Thanks for letting me join!
Welcome from Toronto. Dem were the days!!!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Currently in Pennsylvania, but spent a lot of time living in Colorado and Wyoming.
Welcome! And, Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Kirklands

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2023
Kansas City, Missouri
Welcome from Kansas City. I have a room air filter that I run in my study when I smoke; that keeps my wife happy. By the next day, almost no hint of tobacco aroma remains in the study. Enjoy the forum!