PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Brig

Lurker
Jun 23, 2024
New England
Not a new pipe smoker, but just really starting to expand my horizons.

Been smoking pipes off and in periodically for 20 years, but since it has historically been in the field I have largely stuck with cheaper over-the-counter pipes and tobacco to prevent heartache when they break or get lost. Wandered into an antique store a few months ago and bought an antique elaborately carved meerschaum cheroot holder, and it got me back into pipe smoking. And carved meerschaum collecting, which is a rabbit hole unto itself.

Currently reside in New England and am also a mead brewer. Looking forward to expanding my horizons and learning the nuances of pipe tobacco and pairing them with my different meads.

mpjetset

Might Stick Around
SNIP...Currently reside in New England and am also a mead brewer. Looking forward to expanding my horizons and learning the nuances of pipe tobacco and pairing them with my different meads.
Mead brewing, not concerned with pipe look, can smoke anything, gets to work outdoors and smoke... brother I envy you. I just hope you keep your own bees (for brewing and restoring meers with your own beeswax) and have a beard. Complete dude.

Reactions: Brig

Brig

Lurker
Jun 23, 2024
New England
Mead brewing, not concerned with pipe look, can smoke anything, gets to work outdoors and smoke... brother I envy you. I just hope you keep your own bees (for brewing and restoring meers with your own beeswax) and have a beard. Complete dude.

I bought my house last year, bees actually are on the to-do list for those exact reasons. Have to put up an electric fence first, I've got a bear roaming my woods. Right now establishing the garden and wood shop are taking priority.

Marine Corps doesn't allow for the beard, but I retire in a couple years and mine grows quick....

mpjetset

Might Stick Around
I bought my house last year, bees actually are on the to-do list for those exact reasons. Have to put up an electric fence first, I've got a bear roaming my woods. Right now establishing the garden and wood shop are taking priority.

Marine Corps doesn't allow for the beard, but I retire in a couple years and mine grows quick....
All right! Semper Fi from USMC air wing sergeant 30+ years ago. Bears like honey so... priorities.

Reactions: Brig