New G. L. Pease Blend Triple Play - Sneak Peek!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
G. L. Pease's last release, JackKnife Plug, has been a runaway success. His latest offering, which is also in plug form, called Triple Play, in my opinion, is even better.
It will be released at the Chicago Pipe Show this weekend, and should be shipping to retailers at the same time. Keep your eye out for it hitting retailers around mid-May, and in the meantime, you can read my review and see several detailed photos of it exclusively on PipesMagazine.com ...
G. L. Pease Triple Play Tobacco Review

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Did you read my review? It's in there at the end.
I wouldn't smoke this on an empty stomach. I would have a full meal, and for me, I enjoy Triple Play more in the evening.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
I did my part to amke sure it wouldn't be in stock for very long. LOL
sp050911.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
That must have been one heck of a review Kevin. 2 orders of 10 tins each totally in the blind! I hope they like it! :lol:
Edit: I just read the review. I now understand.

atwageman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2010
NC
Its now out of stock at smokingpipes. I think 4Noggins still has some though.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
God I wish I could find some G.L. Pease blends in Europe to try... Does anyone know of ANY web store that stocks them? I've checked all the ones I've got bookmarked from the UK, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands but no one has any at all. Is it US only? :(

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Nemrod, contact http://cornellanddiehl.com/ directly and ask them. I know they have made some huge export shipments, as they were doing when I visited them last year. I don't know which countries though. Some of the U.S. retailers will ship overseas too.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Kevin; thanks, I'll try contacting them!
About ordering from the US, the problem is the import laws and taxes.
Let's use a tin of Triple Play from 4noggins as example:

10.19 (the price of the tin) + 13.70 (USPS First Class Mail International Package, cheapest they have) = 23.89 to 4noggins. So far so good, though shipping is expensive it's not too bad.

But when it reaches Sweden, this is what happens:

23.89 * 1.75 (tobacco import tax) * 1.25 (VAT) + 16 (customs handling fee) = 68.259375
Yeah, a single 2oz tin would cost me 68 USD if I ordered it from the US. As I'm sure you understand it's not really a reasonable option. :)

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
dd951: haha yeah, but that's if you import from the US. If you buy tobacco in Sweden it's only ~$30 for a 50g tin (about 3 times the US prices). ;) That's why I order from other EU countries, can escape the tobacco tax (at least I've managed to so far) so the price is only about 17-18 USD per 50g tin, only almost twice the US prices. ;) (excluding international shipping)
Happy you live in the US now, huh? ;D

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Well 2.75% of those tins are in my grubby little hands, and as soon as I got the box I had to tear into one. My first impression? HEAVEN. I've been on a wild VaPer kick lately, demolishing tins of Escudo, a couple ounces of Nat Sherman's #205, and GLP's Fillmore and Telegraph Hill. The plug form is perhaps even more delicious looking than JKP; the mottling of yellow to black tobaccos as visually appealing as the aroma of supple leather, hay, and a dry earthy indescribableness (yes, indescribableness). Sliced off two thin flakes and rubbed them out to dry for about an hour, and loaded up my trusty Medico Jet Stream #1 (I have so many now I either name or number them). You know that chord progression the organist plays at the start of a ball game? That's exactly the cadence of the smoke as it releases trumpets of bright, sweet Virginia then intersperses it with peppery crescendos from the Perique. The Virginia is discernibly some of the best I've smoked, and the balance is impeccable. Truly a magnificent taste, straight to the top of my VaPer list as well as my rotation. I'll be investing in plenty more small tins of this as well as larger 8- and 16-ouncers when (if?) they become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.