PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

Reactions: DRF

DRF

Lurker
May 15, 2022
SC, USA
Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
It took me a while but I figured out how to add my location.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

DRF

Lurker
May 15, 2022
SC, USA
I’m now realizing I could have written a much better introduction. I first started smoking a pipe about 20 years ago. I started because my grandfather smoked a pipe when I was young. He was a Walter Raleigh man. I started smoking cheap aromatics as that was all that was available where I lived. I didn’t know any experienced pipe smokers so of course I smoked way to fast and hot. I bought my first tin of non-aromatic tobacco sometime around 2004 while living in Chicago. Oddly enough, it was sold to me by Jeremy from C&D, as he worked in a tobacco shop at the time and we had a mutual friend. I quit the pipe for a number of years shortly after that. I started back up about four years ago. I don’t typically smoke aromatics anymore. I don’t usually stick to one style of blend either, but I do almost always prefer to smoke from a MM Eaton.

Status
Not open for further replies.