PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkButterfly

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2020
South East UK
My new falcon arrived today standard bent stem with briar bowl and dental bit

smoked half a bowl to start with and just finished a full bowl, I love it, really cool smoke, bowl and metal where the bowl attaches get barely warm, I get full on flavour and it's really easy to clean.

The only question is how long do the dry rings last, or to put it another way do I need to change it before each smoke?

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
+1 for pipe cleaners. Falcons are nice to have around and always give a cool dry smoke. I was just in a snowy cold place here in Canada and my little Brentford falcon gave me some of the coolest smokes I've ever had. I grabbed a piece of ice and held it on the metal under the bowl for some extreme frosty puffs haha

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
If you have a straight falcon and tip the pipe above horizontal then the pipe juice that collect in the humidome can run down the stem and make it into your mouth, those little pipe cleaner rings can stop it happening. I figure it's a mistake you only make once, pipe juice is nasty, so rarely bother.

DarkButterfly

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2020
South East UK
If you have a straight falcon and tip the pipe above horizontal then the pipe juice that collect in the humidome can run down the stem and make it into your mouth, those little pipe cleaner rings can stop it happening. I figure it's a mistake you only make once, pipe juice is nasty, so rarely bother.

I have the bent stem, so pipe juice running back down the stem isn't an issue, plus I can remove the bowl mid smoke and wipe the humidome out

Reactions: maulragoth

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
No Falcons on my rack, but some members have posted photos of whole pipe stables of them in every shape and form with extra bowls at the ready. It appears they may be habit forming.

Status
Not open for further replies.