PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
I just received this nice Askwith pipe with a white Bakelite stem from Briar Blues. It's an ebay purchase. The pipe came in perfect condition and might be the cleanest pipe I've ever bought on ebay. I'm impressed (and I'm picky!) and would be happy to buy from BB again. I've had a couple Askwith pipes before that just didn't fit me. I've been wanting another and I think this one is just perfect!
$_12.JPG

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a great looking Askwith - I eyeballed that one more than once. Mike had a couple of good looking Askwith pipes recently, that might have been the last one!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I generally do not care for white stems or rusticated bowls. But this, together, looks just wonderful. Congratulations on a good find.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I generally do not care for white stems or rusticated bowls. But this, together, looks just wonderful. Congratulations on a good find.
I agree.
Mike from Briar Blues takes special care in all of the pipes that go through his hands, which frequently separates him from his competitors.
It is sad to lose him from the forum.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I, too, was tempted by that pipe. If I could not be the one to snag it, I am glad it was you that did.

xrundog

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2014
Ames, IA
I, too, was tempted by that pipe. If I could not be the one to snag it, I am glad it was you that did.
Thanks for that. I am really enjoying this pipe. It imparts a flavor that makes me think it's oil cured. It's very light too. Great pipe!

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
You are quite welcome. Great looks and great smoke make for a wonderful combination.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
A great looking Askwith! I really can't say enough about Chris, a pleasure to work with and his pipes are top notch. Congratulations on that beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.