PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Several things you've mentioned, together with your avatar, make me think you are someone i know. A couple other things don't, though (or maybe I was just unaware of them).

Thought of an easy way to clear it up.

Do these photos stir any memories?

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 4.55.36 PM.png
P2173085 copy.JPG

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, it’s me.

Very cool.

Very cool, indeed. :col:

Board, this guy is the Real Deal. He knows a shit-ton about MANY exotic & technical subjects, and I'm not talking book learning and classrooms. He's actually done it. Including things that only a handful of humans have ever qualified for.

Welcome aboard. Glad you've swung back around to pipes for a while. 👍

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Welcome from Pennsylvania and New York. I’m sure reading “300-ish” pipes being a “modest collection” makes a good many of us feel better about our own collections. I relate to, and applaud your preservation of the unsmoked pipes. For me, with a vintage pipe, if there’s original packaging involved, I’m most likely going to opt for the preservation route (I’ve no desire to take something that has survived so long in pristine condition and turn it into just another used pipe, when I can just smoke a used pipe of the same model).

Reading how @georged describes you makes me look forward to discovering more about you and what you’ve done.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm intrigued by the Houze Forbes glass pipe rests (My Uncle is a retired master-glass blower in Germany).
Please do post some examples of those in a thread in the Accessories section, I'd love to see them! (Google didn't yield any results, but perhaps they are a WV glass creation).

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I'm intrigued by the Houze Forbes glass pipe rests (My Uncle is a retired master-glass blower in Germany).
Please do post some examples of those in a thread in the Accessories section, I'd love to see them! (Google didn't yield any results, but perhaps they are a WV glass creation).
They were made by Houze Glass in Pennsylvania. I'll get some pics up soon.