New England Vaca.... plus NEW Pipes! (pic heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Hey All!
Haven't really had a chance to post a whole lot since I've been back, but things are starting to free up so I wanted to share some pics and updates with you.
My wife and I just got back from a week in New England. It was nice to finally get some leave time to go up and visit my family after being gone for almost a year! MUCH needed! We got there just in time to catch peak foliage in Southern NE as well as the Keene, NH Pumpkin Festival and riots! Luckily for us we just missed them. The festival was pretty neat though! Lived there all my life and I had no clue Pumpkin fest even existed. We had a great time despite the non sense that went on the night before. For the most part the actual festival remained undisturbed while the drunken college kids lit fires and beat each other with beer bottles in a nearby neighborhood. None if it impeded on MY time there so it's all good. For the rest of the week the wife and I stayed at a beautiful mountain resort in the Berkshires, just 20 min south of Mt. Greylock. We got out for a few hike & pipes and had dinner at various little local eats. Our room on the other hand... had a jacuzzi! AND we had a nice little private porch where I could smoke/grill. THAT was freaking AWESOME! It was really an incredible trip. I missed my family like crazy and it was nice to have some time to see them and unwind with the lady. Even managed to sneak a few fleaBay scores while I was there ;)
Here's my crazy blasted Il Ceppo

And my new Briar Bird

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I lived in NH for many years and went to a school now defunct an hour or so away from Keene.

My Ex went to Keene St. I play softball with a semi retired educator who went to Keene St. I remember that the main street was touted as the widest main boulevard in the US.

This was always my favorite season and your pics are wonderful testament to one of the reasons why.

On a cool fall morning, sitting on the porch watching the sunrise, or an evening the other way around..a nice cuppa to warm one hand and a nice big bowl of some tasty tobacco to warm the other.

Nice pipes!! The old lady looks pretty cool too.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Very cool, Jeremy! Looks and sounds like an awesome time! I miss those vibrant red maple leaves that are so prevalent up north.

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
Looks like an awesome trip! Love all the fall colors. I'm moving up to southern Maine next year, and I'm really excited for fall. Down here in Florida it's still as green as it was this summer.
I also really like those pipes. I'm pretty partial to panel billiards, and the blast on that one looks great.

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
Thanks everyone! If you ever get a chance to visit NE in the fall, you better take it! That's the one thing I miss about living in Massachusetts. Maybe I'll move back up after the Navy...
Les- Likewise, my friend! I'll be at the Raleigh show this spring. Hopefully I'll see you there. I'm not exactly sure as to the specifications of the pipe, but I would say it's about the same size as a Dunhill Panel size 5.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I am glad you and your wife got to enjoy NH and New England during the peak foliage season. We almost went to the Keene pumpkin festival but decided to head to the White Mountains for the day instead. I'm glad we missed all the chaos! Thanks for your service, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.