PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
My brother bought me a pipe for my birthday last week. It showed up today in the mail! From what I read on these pipes they are sold in America but the pipes are resourced from a company in Italy I believe. My pipe is the Porch Sitter model with the optional lightning finish which I really like. It adds to the rugged utilitarian look of this pipe. I’ve heard nothing but great things about them and I can’t wait to smoke it.
This pipe officially exceeds all official pipe storing racks that I have. Hmm, Looks like I might need to purchase a pipe rack . Of course, I wouldn’t want to buy a small pipe rack. I should plan for contingencies like, more pipes!?
B57831AB-4E8C-4056-A15C-2530749DD354.jpeg7717F5B1-F3D6-4599-8ECA-FA766EB7FB5F.jpeg

Jun 23, 2019
I forget the Italian factory brand Morgan sources from but they are essentially blank seconds.

The lightning burn is a fun touch of personality but the bare finish itself also ages nicely over time with more and more bowls - kinda like a corn cob.

Also like a cob, they're some of the best tasting briars I've ever smoked.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
I forget the Italian factory brand Morgan sources from but they are essentially blank seconds.

The lightning burn is a fun touch of personality but the bare finish itself also ages nicely over time with more and more bowls - kinda like a corn cob.

Also like a cob, they're some of the best tasting briars I've ever smoked.
I've heard Molina, but I don't have a source on that.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
My brother bought me a pipe for my birthday last week. It showed up today in the mail! From what I read on these pipes they are sold in America but the pipes are resourced from a company in Italy I believe. My pipe is the Porch Sitter model with the optional lightning finish which I really like. It adds to the rugged utilitarian look of this pipe. I’ve heard nothing but great things about them and I can’t wait to smoke it.
This pipe officially exceeds all official pipe storing racks that I have. Hmm, Looks like I might need to purchase a pipe rack . Of course, I wouldn’t want to buy a small pipe rack. I should plan for contingencies like, more pipes!?
View attachment 119426View attachment 119427
Congratulations on the Bones pipe! They are great smokers. I have 7 of them and each one smokes great.

Morganpipes

Lurker
Jan 5, 2022
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I can confirm that they are not “made” by Molina, however some very raw stummels may have come from them here and there. To get the price where I want them, sometimes seconds from other factories are used. They are all finished by a group of friends in a smaller pipe factory. I have never revealed the name :) Happy New Year! Also, does anyone know who runs pipedia? I want to update my page with more accurate info. It’s been years since I’ve been on these forums :)

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I can confirm that they are not “made” by Molina, however some very raw stummels may have come from them here and there. To get the price where I want them, sometimes seconds from other factories are used. They are all finished by a group of friends in a smaller pipe factory. I have never revealed the name :) Happy New Year! Also, does anyone know who runs pipedia? I want to update my page with more accurate info. It’s been years since I’ve been on these forums :)
Hi,
My brother bought me a pipe for my Birthday. I really like it. Smoked it this afternoon! Great smokin’ pipe.

Last edited:

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I have two Morgan Bones pipes and LOVE them! They are both excellent smokers and I reach for them daily. I enjoy very much watching them petina with age.

I like the looks of the wodburning on yours. I'd like to pick one up with something similar. Of course, I'd like one of his Arbutus pipes as well, but have never been able to secure one.

Enjoy your pipe!

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Hey Chris, good to see your post on here Brother. Keep up the good work my friend!